Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the clutch rebuilt on my 06 ZX636R, It turns out it wasn't the clutch.
When the bike is moving very slow in 1st gear and I'm using the the clutch a lot the front end seems to judder. My mechanic thinks this is due to the slipper clutch. I have owned the bike 2 years and never experienced this issue before. The mechanic thinks it may have previously been jammed. Does anyone else experience this kind of juddering/clonking from the clutch/front end when moving super slow in traffic??

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I just had the clutch rebuilt on my 06 ZX636R, It turns out it wasn't the clutch.
When the bike is moving very slow in 1st gear and I'm using the the clutch a lot the front end seems to judder. My mechanic thinks this is due to the slipper clutch. I have owned the bike 2 years and never experienced this issue before. The mechanic thinks it may have previously been jammed. Does anyone else experience this kind of juddering/clonking from the clutch/front end when moving super slow in traffic??
Generally speaking it is the job of the clutch to make for a smooth start so if there is some weirdness taking place there, the clutch would be my first place to look. How many miles? Do you ride the clutch a lot?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uch..sorry for double thread...new at this and not really ruling at it so far. I ride the clutch a little when in heavy/slow moving traffic that's crawling along..but other than that I don't. The clutch is sweet as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The only time you ever really notice a slipper clutch is when downshifting without rev-matching. It doesn't really affect how a bike takes off in first gear in my experience.

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
What gear are you in, when crawling along in traffic? Slipping the clutch in second at less than 10 MPH, or first at less than ~3-4 MPH, the bike will shudder as you engage the clutch if your RPM is low. The motor is almost stalling, in that situation.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yep, even in first getting going from a stop requires a fair amount of clutch slippage to keep the engine from bogging down and shuddering. Sport bikes just have a really high first gear so they can actually make some use of it on a track.

Reactions: Gawernator
1 - 9 of 9 Posts