1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you didn't know your bike came with one from the factory, I'm most intrigued on why you think you need an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you didn't know your bike came with one from the factory, I'm most intrigued on why you think you need an aftermarket one.

Hello my friend! I know my bike has a clutch slipper! I never said I did not know! I use a 4-year bike just for racing! I'm renovating some parts, and I thought of a better clutch for the evolution of riding

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,689 Posts
Does my 2006 have a slipper clutch?!?!?

A few articles say it does.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Here's another company that makes fabulous clutches, FCC. They may be not as well known as say, STM. FCC is a global company based out of Japan, and are actually a tech giant. The following is based from their web page:

F.C.C. Co., Ltd. manufactures clutches through an integrated system extending from research and development of frictional materials to assembly of clutches. The scope of our business has been steadily expanding in stride with the development of the automotive industry, enabling F.C.C. to claim the top worldwide share in motorcycle clutches. Our global production system consists of 22 manufacturing facilities covering 10 overseas countries in addition to our Japanese facilities.

F.C.C. develops most of its own production equipment and has built production lines ensuring both high quality and low cost. This, we can say with pride, is F.C.C. technology. Our rigorous simulations are designed to make clutch features scalable under imaginable operating conditions, and our testing capability extends to the harshest conditions. This, too, is F.C.C. technology. Although we hold specialized technology in a wide range of fields, to us its mere possession matters little. What matters instead is that all vehicles equipped with our clutches provide its occupants the joy of safe and pleasant riding wherever they are driven

https://www.fcc-net.co.jp/en/product/motorcycle.html

After five years of combined street/track use I can affirm their product is well built, durable, and reliable. I've as yet have not had to adjust it, though I clearly understand that there will come a time. In all fairness, I do possess a moderately high degree of mechanical sympathy, my father instilled in me that it was not acceptable to beat on, gnash,disregard operating procedures, or generally abuse a mechanical component, tool, or other such device.

:BigGrin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's another company that makes fabulous clutches, FCC. They may be not as well known as say, STM. FCC is a global company based out of Japan, and are actually a tech giant. The following is based from their web page:

F.C.C. Co., Ltd. manufactures clutches through an integrated system extending from research and development of frictional materials to assembly of clutches. The scope of our business has been steadily expanding in stride with the development of the automotive industry, enabling F.C.C. to claim the top worldwide share in motorcycle clutches. Our global production system consists of 22 manufacturing facilities covering 10 overseas countries in addition to our Japanese facilities.

F.C.C. develops most of its own production equipment and has built production lines ensuring both high quality and low cost. This, we can say with pride, is F.C.C. technology. Our rigorous simulations are designed to make clutch features scalable under imaginable operating conditions, and our testing capability extends to the harshest conditions. This, too, is F.C.C. technology. Although we hold specialized technology in a wide range of fields, to us its mere possession matters little. What matters instead is that all vehicles equipped with our clutches provide its occupants the joy of safe and pleasant riding wherever they are driven

https://www.fcc-net.co.jp/en/product/motorcycle.html

After five years of combined street/track use I can affirm their product is well built, durable, and reliable. I've as yet have not had to adjust it, though I clearly understand that there will come a time. In all fairness, I do possess a moderately high degree of mechanical sympathy, my father instilled in me that it was not acceptable to beat on, gnash,disregard operating procedures, or generally abuse a mechanical component, tool, or other such device.

:BigGrin

Do you know where to buy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
NOW that you know you have a slipper clutch...read some articles on how to use it.

I am ashamed to admit it...I just started to take advantage/figure out how to use the slipper about 2 years ago...I have owned my 2003 zx6r 636 since 2008 aka after already putting 60k miles on it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts