Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Saturday, I took about 9 people to Shenandoah National Park in VA. It was extremely hot and muggy day, say about 105 degrees so going up the mountains should be a nice ride. Left 8 am and didn't get back til 3 pm, two bailed out because of the heat, can't blame 'em.

Anyhow, I was leading going up Shenandoah and we passed by two LEOs. I noticed that everyone started disappearing from my mirrors, I was like WTF? I was ready to turn around and find 'em b/c the second right hander is really sharp and someone crashed and died there two weeks ago. Just wanted to make sure everyone's OK. So apparently this is what happened, the sweeper slowed down to slow the LEO and let the rest of the group continue. LEO passed by the sweeper caught up with the mid group, mid group slowed down, again passed by the mid group and next thing I know he was on my ass. Ha, ha.

This road is very tempting but w/LEO behind me I did the speed limit. Besides, it's a Fed park so getting a tix is out of the question.
http://maps.google.com/[email protected],+-78.280920&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157601682819072/

By the end of the day, my butt, wrist, back, and thighs are soo sore. This is my longest ride since I was retired last March from t-boning a car. Took a nap when I got home and went bar hopping in DC and got hammered. Ah, didn't get home til 4 this morning.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
looks like fun. sucks about the cops..and heat.

nice pics

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Sounds like you had fun! Funny about the LEO passing everyone. Sweet looking road. Heat is better to ride in than the cold, so the bailers are sissys. Great pics, your bike looks awesome!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I ride skyline about once a month or so. 211 is a much better rd. Just watch out for the staties on 211, no more park rangers on there.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
I ride skyline about once a month or so. 211 is a much better rd. Just watch out for the staties on 211, no more park rangers on there.
i hate staties. almost as much as i hate godzilla.

which is not almost as much as i hate caribou, mind you

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, the staties that I've dealt with on 211 drive unmarked camaro's. Fairly easy to spot but a pain in the ass to get away from.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard Richmond have/is getting a fleet of Busa.

Yup riding in warm weather is better, tires warms faster and sticks a lot better but I rode all season for the past two years now. Go me!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Fairfax county already has a busa and an R1 from what I've been told. I haven't seen them yet but I wouldn't doubt that there out there somewhere. I know the VA state troopers are on Harley's now, I saw three state trooper cars trailering them down I-95 about 3 months ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts