Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm planning on doing a lot of riding this weekend and I am considering a ride on skyline drive. I was wondering if anybody knew how the roads are up there right now. I'm mostly worried about there being a ton of gravel on the roads because of how bad the winter was this year. If it's clean up there, then it'd be awesome but it's not worth going if there's too much gravel. If anybody has been up there recently, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me info on the roads condition. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm planning on doing a lot of riding this weekend and I am considering a ride on skyline drive. I was wondering if anybody knew how the roads are up there right now. I'm mostly worried about there being a ton of gravel on the roads because of how bad the winter was this year. If it's clean up there, then it'd be awesome but it's not worth going if there's too much gravel. If anybody has been up there recently, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me info on the roads condition. Thanks.
211 still has stuff on it. Not sure about skyline. But it should be fine. Watch your speed going through there. Tickets are a plenty on those roads.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
211 still has stuff on it. Not sure about skyline. But it should be fine. Watch your speed going through there. Tickets are a plenty on those roads.
Yeah usually I hit 211, 33, and 55 but I'm not trying to go to far out. I know skyline has a ton of cops on it but I'm not going to be going too fast as I still have under 1,000 miles of experience on this bike. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know the east bound lanes on 211 usually have gravel until late spring but do the west bound lanes? When were you on it? Possibly headed there tomorrow with a group so it would be nice to know in advanced. Cops may be thick anyway so...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about 33? How's that looking? Specifically around the motorcycle crash zone near the Brandywine area? I was thinking of hitting 55 to 33 tomorrow so just curious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts