Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Devin and I am new TO ZX6R.com
:O

I recently was side swiped on my left size of my 03 zx6rr. We were going maybe 25 mph and she hit me and we rode along each other until we stopped. Bike did not tip over but she bent my rim. and now when I try to start my bike it will ONLY start in "N". I used to start in 1st, N, or even 2nd.. kickstand up.. so I am trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I Just sat on it and I don't think it will let me change into 2nd gear.

I really don't want to take it to the shop quite yet (cost)..

So anybody have any ideas on what it possibly might be causing this issue?

I cant really take it for a test run because of a bent rim/flat tire
so also I am looking for a FRONT rim I cant seem to find one that isn't bent on ebay what other rims are compatible? any links would be great! Again I'm not trying to spend a fortune soo...

I don't know a lot about bike parts so any pictures would be great!

I appreciate the help!!!

-Devin

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
First off, check your clutch switch, that has to be functioning correctly for your bike to start in gear.

Second, I have a set of rims for the 03-04 models. They're currently stashed at my brother's house but I can have him ship you the front if you'd like to purchase it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
so someone hit you hard enough to bend your rim and you never made a police report and/or going against the others drivers ins to pay for repairs?

Glad you're alright but I would be looking at the drivers insurance to get my bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so someone hit you hard enough to bend your rim and you never made a police report and/or going against the others drivers ins to pay for repairs?

Glad you're alright but I would be looking at the drivers insurance to get my bike.
Ya. It's kinda one of those things were I'm sure they would be at fault. Just how it happened. I didn't really mess around with it plus it could effect my driving record and that's not good for me as I drive fir work. But thanks.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You should file a claim with her insurance. If she side swiped you, it's more than likely her fault. They will pay you for all of the damages (market value) and you can hop on here or Ebay to buy them much cheaper and pocket a little chedda. Or, they could total your ride, cut you a check and you can get something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts