Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on upgrading from a 2012 ninja 650. I found a 2009 Blue zx6r with only 6000 miles, has yoshi slip on exhaust, power commander+custom tune, frame sliders, new tires, rear fender delete, hid lights, tank pad, side snake skin tank pads. Bike is perfect condition. One owner. I talked him down from $6800 to $5900. Good deal?

I'm personally afraid that the yoshi wont do justice for me, might see if someone would trade a two brothers or m4 for it, the yoshi is the full carbon fiber version which is around $400 i believe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$5900 is a pretty good price with all of the add ons if the bike is in said condition.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For where you are, it's an "ok" deal. $6800 and he is absolutely fucking drunk. I'd be more concerned about his maintenance records than his add-ons, so ask him about those. $5900 is still a little steep, but if you're comfortable paying that then I guess it's a good deal.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm planning on upgrading from a 2012 ninja 650. I found a 2009 Blue zx6r with only 6000 miles, has yoshi slip on exhaust, power commander+custom tune, frame sliders, new tires, rear fender delete, hid lights, tank pad, side snake skin tank pads. Bike is perfect condition. One owner. I talked him down from $6800 to $5900. Good deal?

I'm personally afraid that the yoshi wont do justice for me, might see if someone would trade a two brothers or m4 for it, the yoshi is the full carbon fiber version which is around $400 i believe.
That's high since the PA area usually has some of the cheapest bikes around. A 2012 BRAND NEW 0 miles was purchased from Everett Powersports in February for $6400.

But if you want it, your money go for it. I wouldn't.

Let me help you out...a 2012 can be had for $6400 right now albeit used. For another $500, I'd rather take a '12 than an '09

http://www.cycletrader.com/Kawasaki...zip=15201&radius=250&sort=price:asc&newsort=1

Reactions: Street Hawk1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its by far the cheapest zx6r with the add ons and condition in my area, all the dealers want $7000+ for anything 09+...I live in the lehigh valley and it seems like people are desperate for bikes or something. Hard to find a good deal.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Some of the things to look for on the '09 would be whether the regulator/rectifier recall has been done..... the miles are pretty low; I bought mine with 12K miles on it in '12, and had the R/R done within 6 months of purchase. The stator failed about a year later. not cheap.

I also had an issue with the clutch. The throw out rod failed, which is a pretty inexpensive part and not terribly difficult to change.

Once I got through those issues, the bike has been quite a pleasure to own. I've got over 32K on it now, and am content with how it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts