Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2018 z900rs, 2021 cb1000r, 2013 zx6r
93 Posts
Another issue with getting a bike that is so dedicated to one discipline like the zx6 is that you don’t really know yet what type of riding you are going to enjoy. You might think that sport bikes and track riding is your future but until you start riding you don’t really know. A bike like the ninja 650 which is a good do it all type bike is you can get a feel for sport riding, street riding, even cruising and once you start seeing what type of riding you enjoy most, or if you want a bike that can do it all reasonably well you can start to determine what your next bike should be, if the ninja doesn’t scratch the itch you have.

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
367 Posts
Honestly for a first bike I’d get a used ninja 250. You will have a blast there cheap and sell Easy. Very few people who claim to “outgrow” a 250 or a 400 are probably not even riding it to its full potential. Aside from just hauling ass in a straight line you will have as much possibly more fun on a 250. I have rode my whole life and I still enjoy grabbing a small bike and taking it across the mountain. Plus it’s fun passing 600”s on a 250.

there is a YouTube channel “feel like a pro” or something. he track trains guys on 250”s. It’s more fun to ride a slow bike at its peak than a fast bike slow. Or something like that

· Super Moderator
17,015 Posts
Hitting an immovable object at 25 mph delivers the same impact as falling from a second story window…. Mopeds can be lethal. 250cc bikes are allowed to operate on freeways, so they are perfectly capable of maintaining 70 mph.

It’s fair to say that anything larger displacement than that is an exercise in ego to some extent. (Think of all the monster cruiser engines that still have trouble breaking 13 second 1/4 mile times.)

· Registered
2,251 Posts
I've seen guys (at the track) on a zx6r be passed by a chap on a 650. Either bike can be fast, it takes a good rider to learn how to ride it properly. Heck we have a twins race series (SV650, Kwaka 650) down here in NZ and the riders that come out of that series are seriously quick on anything.

Reactions: RJ2112 and Scumbag
21 - 24 of 24 Posts