Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a Scorpion exhaust on my bike, but it's a big ole cannon. Im looking at getting something that has a similar sound (deep, with a good whine once past 8k rpms), but half the size...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
No I'm talking about doing something like this...
i've got a two bros shorty and its loud and deep. REALLY loud. and pretty deep.
but realllllly loud.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i've got a two bros shorty and its loud and deep. REALLY loud. and pretty deep.
but realllllly loud.
Hicky has a vid of his 2 brothers. Its hella loud and sounds mean as hell! If that's your thing then get it. I love stupid loud so I cut my can off and just added a tip to the mid pipe. You can see it in my avatar. Its really loud and actually sounds really good especially in higher rpms.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Hicky has a vid of his 2 brothers. Its hella loud and sounds mean as hell! If that's your thing then get it. I love stupid loud so I cut my can off and just added a tip to the mid pipe. You can see it in my avatar. Its really loud and actually sounds really good especially in higher rpms.
not to get off topic too much, but did you tune for cutting your exhaust?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I cut 5 inches of my jardine can.. Just chop that bith down and make it looks and sound the way it should :2fingerlol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why didn't you shorten the pipe before the can too?
So you actually cut the can? hmm maybe ill do a combo and shorten the can just a tad, then maybe a little from the pipe. For a cannon I think mine actually looks pretty decent where it is...

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
So you actually cut the can? hmm maybe ill do a combo and shorten the can just a tad, then maybe a little from the pipe. For a cannon I think mine actually looks pretty decent where it is...
On yours, you need to drill the rivets out. The end will pop right off. Cut off the desired amount. In your case, probably half. Pop the end back on, and mark where the holes will need to be drilled to revet the end back on.

Get your bike tuned.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
not to get off topic too much, but did you tune for cutting your exhaust?
Yeah I had my buddys shop do it for me. The tuned it and added a jet kit. Bike sounds like a motogp bike. She screams at high rpms but funny thing is a harley is still louder than my bike.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
yea, that's exactly what I'm talking about. How much did that cost you?
I'll try to post a video of my scorpion tomorrow, sounds crazy good.
i can't remember. it was the first mod i did. got it through my shop, so about 20% off of what you'd get it from an online site.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts