Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fixed one problem. I guess clutch cover has to be on or you'll have all that shaft play. Check new vid out

http://youtu.be/8fuze9neyLA

Now my only problem is the issue in the second video. Anybody have an 04 636 they can post a picture of your shaft arm when in neutral . Thanks

Anybody have an idea why my bike it doing this. I think the first video is my problem and it's effecting my shifting as shown in the 2nd video. Please help thanks you

04 636 shift shaft play - YouTube

04 zx636 weird clutch/trans issue - YouTube

Any help would be flicking great . Thanks again

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Looks like the angle of the linkage is off a few teeth to start with.

There was a recent thread about this with some pictures...

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Is the circlip still on the shift lever change shaft? It does look very excessive for side to side play

it may be inside the engine behind the clutch basket, Not certain on the 04- or it may be outside the shift shaft seal (likely covered in chain lube)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
On the first bike that shaft is moving in/out of the trans and on the second the shift linkage is moving across the shaft (which is normal).

I don't have any experience with the 04 either but I would venture to say that isn't normal.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I would say you are 1 tooth off (maybe more)on the shift shaft arm clamp. I am not sure what the technical name of it is

But you can actually watch the angle change in your video-it is too far "open" and when you try to shift it doesn't even get to 90* angle

it should start just under 90* and end just past 90*....when you are shifting

Just go to the service manual section and read the damn manual-it will even have a drawing to view

There are usually punch marks on where to slide the shift lever assy over the shift arm to align them very easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts