Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After learning how to ride for the past month, today I took my test for the CY endorsement. Needless to say I passed. So I"m completely legal to ride.

.... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....

3 hours later

.... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....

I put my bike on the kickstand in my driveway, which I do all the time because i isn't steep. I ALWAYS check my bike by pushing on it and moving it after I put the kickstand down to see if its sturdy. I went to go close the gate and the next thing you know its on the ground.

Frame sliders?? En Route to my house. Ordered them off of ebay a few days ago......

Aftermath....

1. The side is a little scratched, not noticeable unless you look really hard.
2. Bent Clutch Lever (?? Probably no more than 20 bucks)
3. Scratched Mirror (19 bucks - ebay)
4. Scratched Gear Pedal

·
Registered
553 Posts
Be careful with the mirrors on ebay, I ordered one and it wasn't the same as the OEM mirrors. As far as your clutch lever, now you have a good reason to get a set of pazzo shorties. I wouldn't even worry about the shifter. The bright side is that you wasn't on the bike and it wasn't moving, that's when it starts getting painful and expensive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful with the mirrors on ebay, I ordered one and it wasn't the same as the OEM mirrors. As far as your clutch lever, now you have a good reason to get a set of pazzo shorties. I wouldn't even worry about the shifter. The bright side is that you wasn't on the bike and it wasn't moving, that's when it starts getting painful and expensive.
Pazzo left clutch lever

Total : 104.99

It was a nice thought though... LOL... I'd rather save my money for a Two Brothers exhaust than to pay that for a clutch lever.

And do you remember who you went through on ebay to get the mirror?

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
a scratched mirror isn't worth fixing if u ask me...depending on how bad the scratch is i guess, but..

sorry to hear it fell though

·
Registered
299 Posts
So, the kickstand wasn't in the full upright position, or are you another victim of the '07 kickstand?

Sorry to here that btw. Because I know first hand how that sucks.

Of course when I saw your name under the thread title I thought your went down, so it ain't all that bad considering.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, the kickstand wasn't in the full upright position, or are you another victim of the '07 kickstand?

Sorry to here that btw. Because I know first hand how that sucks.

Of course when I saw your name under the thread title I thought your went down, so it ain't all that bad considering.
Yeah , I know.... Ya'll thought I was a statistic already. Well, if i'm considered a victim of the long kickstand then yeah.. i guess i am.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a heads up.. the 07 mirrors are different than the 05/06's.. the 07's are a bit longer..
So I guess i should just go to the dealership and get an OEM mirror and clutch lever. I really don't trust ebay like that anyways. I wish the weather would clear up tomorrow so I can put my FE kit on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's a new bike, get OEM if you can swing it.

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
dude.. thats a sign of bad luck. You should stop riding and give me your motorcyle. I work for a trucking company now, and I can redirect one of our 18 wheelers to Detroit ASAP and ship it to me for free. Ill even have them buy you a bottle of vodka.. your choice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude.. thats a sign of bad luck. You should stop riding and give me your motorcyle. I work for a trucking company now, and I can redirect one of our 18 wheelers to Detroit ASAP and ship it to me for free. Ill even have them buy you a bottle of vodka.. your choice.
Tell him to come with 9 stacks also.. The extra $500 is for the time and effort I've took to "properly" break it in.. And the servicing at 600 miles. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
same thing happened to me... barely noticable scratch on the right side fairing and mirror, luckily there are fairings on ebay for like 180$. i'm not worried about the mirror right now, but frame sliders are a must. sucks either way tho.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn't change a scratched mirror, chances are, you'll drop it again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts