Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan on doing a sharpie helmet within the next week and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or technique advice? Also wondering what color helmet should I do, and does the texture make a difference?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
what color is your bike. im buying a white helmet for my wife tomorrow, and my friend is gonna sharpie it, then if she likes it im gonna clear it so it lasts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike is black and green, but I'm leaning towards a white helmet just because I think it'll look better once I'm finished. Does it matter if it's a Basic white helmet and would I need to sand it first?

I appreciate all post, opinions and advice!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a flat black helmet that I am gonna do with white sharpie do I need some clear on that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a flat black helmet that I am gonna do with white sharpie do I need some clear on that?
they make a not so shiney clear coat as far as i know...

cute i know haha

as far as white helmet...and not sanded. it can be done but its harder to get it cleared without running. just have to be careful from smearing it yourself when applying the sharpie.

this was my first sharpie project. everything since then it has been sanded. the marker adheres to the surface better when applying.

plus without sanding you can get it off with rubbing alcohol if you mess up.
sanding...you can get a better final product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The smearing is definitely a worry since I've never done anything like this before, I'm going to try and work in sections and just keep it simple. I appreciate all the advice, and and by the way the sunset sharpie bike you did is sick flipeazy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ok thanks I'll post pictures of mine when it is done my fiancé will be doing mine however

·
Registered
89 Posts
Going to try this on my buddys helmet, its an AFX helmet though and its a flat black kinda "rubbery" texture, I'm afraid to sand it but not worried about the sharpie or clear adhering... my concern is if I can take off the sharpie in case I mess up at all??

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks cibs

garcia, the helmet with the dogs was flat to start. i didnt sand it cause the texture was abrasive enough, sounds like your buddies AFX as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts