Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to being an active member on this site. I'm a beginner rider and have only owned my 07 ZX-6R for 2 weeks now and have a question about my servo. I've done a lot of searching and research so please so bash on me haha. Anyways, I bought the bike and the FI light was on and ran the code and it's the exhaust butterfly servo, makes a clicking noise when I turn the key on, took the seat off and noticed the servo was not moving and I know the servo is bad. I bought a replacement servo and unfortunately it was used and after I installed it, it was broken as well and clicked. I have a stock exhaust on the bike and was wondering if I just left it with the bad servo if it would do any damage to any part on the bike? Was considering just a servo buddy but I don't mind the blinking light really. It runs great I just don't want to damage any parts with the stock exhaust, thanks and god bless.

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
Disconnect the servo cables just in case it crapped out in a partially closed position. Eventually get a servo buddy. You dont want your FI light on all the time. That way if u have a more serious problem you will know about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts