Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently picked up my 2010, and I've been doing some research on which Slip On I wanna get and how to install and everything. The install looks pretty straight forward until you get to the servo. Through my research I now know that if you take the servo out, the FI light stays on and that I would need a servobuddy to rid that problem and that's fine and dandy.

My question (because I'm not very mechanical and I don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff) is what are the disadvantages of getting rid of the servo? (Like are there problems that arise?) The exhaust I'm looking at is the M4 GP, which removes the cat. It's obvious there aren't any huge problems with that because a lot of people do it, but before I go and do anything I want to know if there are any disadvantages to that as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Ok so I recently picked up my 2010, and I've been doing some research on which Slip On I wanna get and how to install and everything. The install looks pretty straight forward until you get to the servo. Through my research I now know that if you take the servo out, the FI light stays on and that I would need a servobuddy to rid that problem and that's fine and dandy.

My question (because I'm not very mechanical and I don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff) is what are the disadvantages of getting rid of the servo? (Like are there problems that arise?) The exhaust I'm looking at is the M4 GP, which removes the cat. It's obvious there aren't any huge problems with that because a lot of people do it, but before I go and do anything I want to know if there are any disadvantages to that as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
The only real disadvantage to removing the servo is that you may lose a little low end but it will not be noticable unless you're looking at dyno numbers.

Also just a little FYI, the M4 doesn't remove the cat, it removes what is called the prechamber (that box). The cat is actually two honeycomb discs in the header itself

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering so quick! That's the first clear cut answer I've seen while looking into this for the disadvantages of the servo, so thanks! So basically, get the exhaust and the servobuddy and I'll be set then!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Thanks for answering so quick! That's the first clear cut answer I've seen while looking into this for the disadvantages of the servo, so thanks! So basically, get the exhaust and the servobuddy and I'll be set then!
Yep, slip ons do virtually nothing for power. They are for looks and sound

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my m4 exhaust in today. You should delete the servo when you put the exhaust on or you hear an annoying clicking sound from the servo if you just disconnect the cables. PM Hellsrazor he makes a servo delete for around 30$

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Yeah I heard that. A Power Commander will fix that right up, right?
i heve a two bros slip-on with a power commander v and a servo buddy and it still pops all the time. My next step it to install the block off plates this weekend.

09 ZX6R Ivan's block off plate install : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums
Power commander will not, The block off plates will fix the popping. Mine eliminated it completely

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hell razor also has a thread to make the servo buddy yourself! Really simple I made one yesterday to try out for my zx10! I forget how much it was for the parts but less than $30 I think the thread said it was $6 but unfortunatly where I am everything is more than that I think it was like $18 for everything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts