Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time for a service im thinking before i unleash her out on the road full time.

When i bought apparently service was just done, (no service history for it and he was selling remember)

So spark plugs change,
Oil change inc filter
Air filter
Carbs adjusted

Anything else i should be looking as asking the garage to do? ie coolant change ect?

Bike is 2001 and done 8k miles

edited, anyone use these punture automatic repair products that are on the market? Thinking of getting

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for replies, ill be phoning to book it in tomorrow morning for:

Oil and filter change,
Spark plugs,
air filter,
carbs adjusted,
chain lubricated/waxed,
choke needing slight adjustment,

Pads seem good
Thanks for yet another easy reply for you guys
:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phoned to book the bike in, was told, to include valves to be done at 10k miles was far too early and only needed touched if needing adjustment. He is not a Kawi dealer so he is going to speak to kawi and see what they think. He reconed it would add about another £100 onto service price for valves as 2-3hours additional well thats if everything went straight forward with no additional problems.

Thanks for all replied all noted and taken on board
Other than that bike booked in for week Thursday and will be back for Friday hopfully at £39ph +vat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
im not too bad done all the work myself only cost me parts
dougie its not to hard to change the minor parts mate a few simple toold and should could save yourself a few bob.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
how much is that costing total?

i'd definately do oil/filter myself if i were you. i did mine a couple weeks ago and it was very easy. plugs and air filter i would as well. Plus i think there's a how-to here on adjusting carbs..but im quite the newb to bikes so i wouldnt know until i read it if i'd do it myself or not.

save some $$$ and get some experience with working on the bike

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well a final cost was not said, my mate with the R6 just put his bike into there and ther did oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs, carbs adjustments and look round bike to ensure all ok, cost him £235 including parts ($470) using todays exchange rate.

Does the engine not need to be drained to do the carbs anyway? I dont know.

Im strucling to get a few alen keys off the fairing of the bike hence i would have attempted myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts