Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 95 zx6r since i got it i had to replace the block and gears in tranny, oil was black and i had motor all apart, my problem is a really bad screech, and when it warms up it will shut off, pain to restart, also oil light will not go off, i did the oil filter burp thing and its definetly getting oil i used 20w 50 oil (did not change the filter) i only put bike oil in it to make sure it would start an idle, which it does, but like i said screech is really bad and will shut off, idk wht to do, need pro advice on what to do or check, please and thank u, btw this is my first bike ever

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
Im guessing its a bad bearing somewhere that gets hot and seizes up. But wait for some better replies... theres some guys on here with lots of engine building experience. They should help u out pretty soon.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
More information needed, sounds like you assembled something wrong though and you may as well ref the service manual and start disassembling

Oil light staying on tells me no oil pressure;

Is this and F model or the E model or a C model?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I'm going to guess F model. I have one, and I don't believe the screeching is normal, but I could be wrong :laugh I'm thinking bearing(s) as well. Did you reference the service manual when you disassembled?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the f1, also i called around to some dealers and talked to techs and they said i might have spun a bearing and that i might have torqued them wrong, anyone know the torqu specs for crank and rod bearings? Or where i can get a cheap to free manual? And also thanks to all who replied, ive heard nothing but good things about this bike and its rep ad i thought i bought a junk bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well shockingly it isnt a bearing, the cams were screeching and they dug into the head and cam basket, nd no i had every spec just not for rod bolts

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
huh?

So you overtorqued them so much they deformed the cam caps? Usually they pull the aluminum threads out of the head long before that can happen

You sure you didn't just put the cam caps in the wrong location? That seems far more plausible.

So now you need a new cylinder head or a line bore to repair your existing head....easier and cheaper to replace the entire deal I bet

What about you oil pressure light-still no oil pressure, that would sieze the cams to the aluminum head at some point and it sounds like you passed that point

And how could you have torques specs for everything but the rods as you say and not have those and then to claim to have blatantly overtorqued the cam caps even with the specs...

Reactions: 40acres

·
Registered
7,565 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i put an 02 motor in it, did all the required work to make it work. It got knocked over when engine was out of it and it was up on a stand, but y question is would it being knocked over cause no spark? Because i lost spark and ive had everything tested good but i cant get a reading off the ecu, also dont know how to test the pick up coil, can anyone help please and thank u

1 - 14 of 14 Posts