Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I searched a few times and couldn't really find too much information on an alarm system.

I am looking into purchasing a scorpio alarm. Don't know how long the product has been out, but it looks as if it's called SR-i900.

Does anyone have any information on this, or if they have any personal experience, or know of a group buy for this model? I cannot afford low-jack ATM and want to have something between my bike and a thief.

I am an insurance rep, and plan on getting comp coverage, but any kind of prevention is always better.

Here's a link to the product - LINK.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you haven't already seen it.

http://zx6r.com/motorcycle-talk/45774-some-thoughts-tips-bike-theft-prevention.html

I've heard good things about scorpio.

Also look into visual deterrents. Disc locks with alarms, chains, etc. Big ass visual things because the more a thief sees, the less likely they will rip your bike off when they can't move it easily. At the least, get an alarmed lock for both front and back wheels.

Xena make an awesome alarmed disc lock (the xx series).
Motorcycle security: XX15 disc-lock alarm for motorcycles, scooters & ATVs
120DB when it goes off, you can't muffle the noise because of the alarm location inside, solid one piece construction. Just make sure the alignment is right or you'll wake the neighbourhood when it goes off. Only stops when the lock is taken off the disc cause it uses IR for alignment.

Having the scorpio will be an added bonus because the thieves could see the visuals, get past them, but the scorpio will be hidden away so they won't know it's there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts