Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My track days have taken place at New Jersey motorsports park in Millville with team pro-motion and my first one on my 03 636 led me to take my first fall toward the last session on a track due to a decreasing radius right hand turn. My exhaust and frame slider are the whole low side . My second track day on my 12 zx6r seemed a lot more promising with the slipper clutch allowing me to pound downshifts from 10k rpm. Almost had a mishap with a little tail kick out action coming out of an apex but all seemed well, reminded me I need better tires so I got me some diablo rosso 3?s. These track sessions have taught me alotttttt especially with the really nice coaches there to shadow you on the track. Been trying to work on body position and remembering to throw shoulder down and keep knee pressed on the outside tank. Here?s some pics !!

Attachments

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,424 Posts
Lookin good man! They're definitely addiction. @eldiablo07 rides njmp once in a while

Reactions: eldiablo07 and Indy

·
6,424 Posts
I'll be at nyst this weekend but it is sold out man. Next spring though!

·
Registered
204 Posts
The moment you start track days, you notice street is boring lol and realize all you think about when you have money is track days:) Fun addictive sport

·
6,424 Posts
I went down my first day. That's why I bought a track bike though. I hucked that piece of shit right through the fuckin' cabbage, cobbed it back together, and got back out there the next day!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Fuck dunrocks.

Reactions: Addhoc

·
6,424 Posts
The q3+ is fine, only like 7-10 tires were actually recalled. They're safe.

NYST definitely has some nice elevation changes. Blind corners. It's pretty wild lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hear nyst is a good track, more technical and elevation changes with a nice long straight
nyst is a very technical track and truly fun. but does not make it perfect for me for 2 reasons
1. it's practically in the woods, you run off the track there is no room to coast to stop.
2. so friggin' far. it's not that it's far but to get there i have to go 1.5h on local roads and then there is thruway traffic. it adds greatly to the trip time.
i've been only twice at nyst this season for ^ above reasons. i leave in brooklyn, btw.
next year i want to check out summit point on expense of nyst. time wise should be the same trip.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Fuck dunrocks.

This for days.My rear wore down so I just tried a set of the DunRock 211 GPA's as it was the only tire I could really get track side. All in all I'm not a fan. Just not as forgiving or grippy as the Super Corsas but of course thats just my opinion. On a side not I noticed my SC2 rear 180 is about the same size as a GPA 190 haha.

·
Registered
204 Posts
lol

nyst is a very technical track and truly fun. but does not make it perfect for me for 2 reasons
1. it's practically in the woods, you run off the track there is no room to coast to stop.
2. so friggin' far. it's not that it's far but to get there i have to go 1.5h on local roads and then there is thruway traffic. it adds greatly to the trip time.
i've been only twice at nyst this season for ^ above reasons. i leave in brooklyn, btw.
next year i want to check out summit point on expense of nyst. time wise should be the same trip.
I got 3 hours drive to closest track here lol

Reactions: Sanctuary
1 - 17 of 17 Posts