Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally went and picked up my 2014 636 and coming from the little ninja 500 its damn awesome. After putting about 60 miles on it before the rain came I noticed that the seat could be a little gentler on the butt. Maybe its just my boney ass and I'm sure it will start to feel better once it is broken. Just wondering if there are any seat options out there. I'm sure I'm not the only person with a boney ass that feels the same way ?. Thanks for any advice. be Safe and Ride Free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm wondering the same thig as well! Just bought a 01 zx6r not too long ago and did a 120 mile ride last weekend and man oh man was I sore as hell. Since I'm not willing to spend 260$ on a Corbin seat, I'm going to take the original vinyl seat cover off, shave a hair down and place a gel type insert 1/2in at least, spray glue and re vinyl with a custom design back on if I cannot find. Cheaper option

·
Registered
972 Posts
The 2013 ZX6R has a fairly comfy seat in my opinion compared to SS of the past. I think the Gixxer is the only one I would say is as soft or a littler softer stock. Compare it to the '03-'07 RR, those things are wooden slabs.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Oh you pansies.... lol. 60 miles? 120miles? Childs play!

I'm assuming you're coming off of an old Ninja 500? If so then yeah... you're coming off of a nice cushy seat and onto a super sport seat. These things aren't built to be comfortable. ;)

You're ass will get used to it. I have a bony backside too... and I'm old. :D

Or you could get a custom seat made. That's about your only other option.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I'm assuming you're coming off of an old Ninja 500? If so then yeah... you're coming off of a nice cushy seat and onto a super sport seat. These things aren't built to be comfortable. ;)

Lol touché. I'm wondering how a four hour trip one way will feel afterwords

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hey it started raining on me I didn't want to spend my first day riding the bike to be a soggy one lol.

I figured I just need to ware the seat to my butt. I do plan on riding the 636 from Arkansas to California this Christmas, so I'm just kinda thinking ahead so I'm more prepared this time for the ride.

And 33 isn't that young either kind sir.��

1 - 9 of 9 Posts