Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most permanent way to increase leg room on my '09 would be to relax the rider triangle. The area that causes me the most discomfort, is my knees. Shortly after they start talking to me about an hour into a ride, my hips will start to give notice that they would appreciate less of an angle on my thighs.

Lowering the pegs, and moving them back would likely do what I want. Simply moving them an inch or more 'aft' would likely reduce the compression my legs are currently working with.

I don't really want to give up any ground clearance.

Thinking that if I add an inch of fairly stiff foam under the OEM foam on the seat pan, that would raise my hips, relax my knees and would be as minimal as it gets for costs. And reversible, if it doesn't do what I want.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
959 Posts
The most permanent way to increase leg room on my '09 would be to relax the rider triangle. The area that causes me the most discomfort, is my knees. Shortly after they start talking to me about an hour into a ride, my hips will start to give notice that they would appreciate less of an angle on my thighs.

Lowering the pegs, and moving them back would likely do what I want. Simply moving them an inch or more 'aft' would likely reduce the compression my legs are currently working with.

I don't really want to give up any ground clearance.

Thinking that if I add an inch of fairly stiff foam under the OEM foam on the seat pan, that would raise my hips, relax my knees and would be as minimal as it gets for costs. And reversible, if it doesn't do what I want.

Thoughts?
Try adding a SaddleMen seat...I just put one on my 675R and it definitely put me about 1/2 inch higher than I was on the stock seat.

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try adding a SaddleMen seat...I just put one on my 675R and it definitely put me about 1/2 inch higher than I was on the stock seat.

Does that extra half inch have any downsides for you?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Does that extra half inch have any downsides for you?
I actually like it...I’m only 5’7 so I was a little leery of adding height to the seat but it put me in a better position on this bike which is surprisingly comfortable. Im perched on this thing tho, more like on top of it then on/in it...if that makes sense. The addition of the seat put me even more so above the bars so it made it more comfortable than before.

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in no way ever going to be able to get into a full tuck, on the ZX6. At least that's assured with the OEM peg placement, my age, and the dimensions of my waistline... :) I prefer riding in a more vertical stance, but have gotten reasonably comfortable with the bar placement. I don't think a higher seat would have any significant impact on how much weight I would have on my wrists, as I have learned to carry my torso weight through my legs into the tank.

I should mention I am 5' 9", with a 31" inseam. Unfortunately my waistline is now greater than my inseam.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Best way to adjust ergonomics are with rearsets and clip ons.

Vortex offers a good adjustment range that isn't too race oriented.

Some side by side comparisons:

OEM

Vortex

Rizoma

·
Registered
959 Posts
Best way to adjust ergonomics are with rearsets and clip ons.

Vortex offers a good adjustment range that isn't too race oriented.

Some side by side comparisons:

OEM

Vortex

Rizoma

Those Rizoma rear sets are nice man...

I have Driven on mine they offer a pretty good range of adjustment... not too aggressive either.

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually like it...I’m only 5’7 so I was a little leery of adding height to the seat but it put me in a better position on this bike which is surprisingly comfortable. Im perched on this thing tho, more like on top of it then on/in it...if that makes sense. The addition of the seat put me even more so above the bars so it made it more comfortable than before.
There's a Saddlemen seat for my year on ebay, used for $200....

·
Registered
959 Posts
There's a Saddlemen seat for my year on ebay, used for $200....
If you’re considering buying it just do it...I hesitated on one and then another never came along so I paid $280 for one.

Mine is the Track CF version I think it’s called...it’s really really comfortable too so this is a win win. I can’t say whether or not the other models add some height.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A higher seat will shift more weight on your wrists. Vortex rear sets are the most adjustable ones I've seen, aside from Attack, if they are even still making them anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts