Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. The seat cowls that come stock on BUSA's. Is there a way to secure them to the bike when riding? I give a lot of chicks rides on my bike now which has no rear seat cover or cowl. I'm looking into getting a busa. I like the way they look better with the cowl on. So I was wondering is there a way to secure the cowl to the bike if you need to remove it. IF not what do you do with it if you suddenly have to give someone a ride?

·
Registered
864 Posts
The cowls replace the seat. So there isn't a place to secure the seat or the cowl but in its original spot.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You don't give them a ride. Problem solved.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
To each their own but I think those bikes are ugly as all hell!... that being said my buddy had one and he said it was extremely comfortable to ride.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Tether it to the face of your 'chick' riders using a bungee cord... that way, it also doubles up as an emergency helmet.

To protect the precious little contained within their craniums as evidenced by their willingness to get on your 'BUSA' sans a seat cover. Because it is a 'lot of chicks' we're talking about, we wouldn't want the female population of central Virginia to dwindle down to nothingness now, would we?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just tell the chicks they can't get a ride on your busa right now.

Pretty sure joshgilvin34 is right. So if I were you I'd sacrifice some of the looks and just ride without the cowl on. And I hope you plan on carrying an extra helmet with you somehow.

Honestly though I think it's one of the ugliest bikes on the market. I don't think a seat cowl will do much lol. Some people love them though and say they're great bikes to ride. If you buy one just respect the power it has, especially with a passenger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll still keep my zx6r for track days and what not but during the riding season I ride my bike everywhere. It's just not comfortable to ride as a daily rider the distances I ride. My commute to work is an hr each way straight up the highway so it's not even a "fun" ride really. That's one of my biggest reasons for wanting a busa is the comfort. I want to make it into a show bike as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are the problem with the motorcycle community...enjoy your"BUSA"
How so? I had a question I didn't know the answer to so I asked it. I always keep an extra helmet with me on a bike. If an attractive young lady wants me to give her a spin I oblige. I don't ride 140 or anything down the highway with them so what's the problem?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm not huge in the busa scene but I'm sure it's the same as all other bikes...solo seat cowl or rear seat...Ita not a cover over the rear seat and if you don't know that I'm sure you are ready for a busa...you are the demographic who ride busa's

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about where the seat cowl goes when you have tons of chicks on the back...in be more interested in a baggy enough pair of shorts to put keep the seat in your pocket so you can look cool with the cowl on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts