Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused Hi I'm new to the Forum and would appreciate any help or advice about obtaining a Kawi GREEN seat cowl cover for a 2002 ZX 636 "Australian released model" (I dont think this bike was available to the USA until 2003 but could be wrong...)

I've searched Ebay with no luck and cant get one locally. Any advice as to where to buy from and do I specifically need to get one for my bike or do cowl covers for other ZX's fit?

Thanks and a Safe Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the site Spasm. Head on over to the Bike Gallery section and post up some pics of your ride!

If you want to go locally AMC has them for $216.60 but you'd have to paint it yourself.

Pyramid Plastics also stock them but they're in the UK.

The 2000 to the 2002 (US) or 2003 (A1P UK and OZ) bikes are the same shape and share the same seat cowl. You should be able to turn one up on the UK eBay (Oz eBay is pretty much useless)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome mate and oz ebay is a waste of time and most people from the UK ebay wont send stuff cos its too much in post.. ive tried to get huggers, seat cowl and sport pipe.. Have you tried wreckers??

·
Registered
604 Posts
welcome to the zone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quarkz, many thanks for the leads, I will follow-up and let you know how I go. I agree with Arron that Oz Ebay is crap as I've tried with no success. I've also tried a "very good" local bike wreckers but no luck there either...especially with the Green colour. Looks like I'm gonna have buy and paint one. Excuse my ignorance...I know it's a sin...but what exactly is the colour officially called?

Hey...just a thought, are the seat cowls for Oz 2002 636's limited to just the ones that expose the end of the seat cover or can I get one that is more like later Ninja's and completely replaces the seat?

Almost new year...a couple of days away...take care Ninja Brothers & Sisters...lots of cops and speed hazards here...although just as well given the festive season the track record of the locals!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts