Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of bolts are used to anchor the seat down to the frame on 2009s? I'm looking at the factory service manual PDF and I don't see their specs.

I'd prefer not to spend an arm and a leg for replacement bolts. I'd rather just go to Home Depot and buy some like I did with my last bike. I think I bought 6mm allen bolts in that instance.

Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I don't know the exact size, but you can go to Kawasaki Parts House and order the OEM bolts. Personally, I'd find another bolt on the bike that is the same size and take that up to Ace Hardware and get some new ones.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
They are $3 bolts from Bike Bandit. If they are the same as other years you won't get them at the hardware store. It's a special shoulder style bolt. They list them as 6mm but you will need a spacer to take up the gap in the seat bracket.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Yes, they are 6mm bolts with a shoulder. You won't find them at the hardware store, but they are only about $1.50 at PartZilla (that's where I got some recently): 92153-0489 BOLT,SOCKET,6MM $1.57

1 - 5 of 5 Posts