Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to roll around with bare metal showing. I would like to have the tank repainted eventually. I covered it with white plasti-dip for the time being. it looks like crap. I can't get it painted immediately. Thinking about plasti-dipping the whole thing black for a while until I can spend more money on the bike without the boss (wife) exiling me from the house. Thoughts?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cool, I was thinking about that myself. sucks it has to be after the fact though. I will probably end up putting something on the metal itself to seal it up, then put on the guards...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI if you do buy get the 09-12 model tank sliders they offer more coverage.
interesting.... I was worried that they would interfere with some techspec grips if I bought those as well.... I'll have to look into it more...

·
Registered
15,398 Posts
Buy the colorite touch up pen to seal the scratches in the same color as the tank. If you do that in very thin coats a few days apart to fill in the scratches, you can get to where it's just a little fugly.... then it would look okay from 10' or so, which Iwould be able to live with until the tank was replaced or repainted -- but I'd go the route of the covers and live with it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
either touch it up or use the plasti dip. it will keep it sealed from oxidation till you can get it re painted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.