Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I dont think I've ever seen one on a sportsbike. I've heard they're more trouble than they're worth.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've yet to hear anything bad about a correctly adjusted one. You have to set it up right as too much it too messy, not enough is not enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use my 03 636 every day and have fitted a scottoiler, i cant praise it enough. Saves me loads of hasel with constantly having to oil the chain. Especially with all the bad weather we get here in the uk, the chain/sprocket needs special attention.

·
Registered
311 Posts
wow never heard of this... good idea. i live on a dirt road so im CONSTANTLY cleaning and lubing my chain, probly wouldnt do me much good with cleaning the sand out of my chain.

wounder how it looks on a sportbike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can’t see it; the oil reservoir sits under your pillion seat cowel. You then feed the tube down to the chain, cable tying it to inside of your frame. Another tube connects to the vacuum tube on your bike and this pulls the oil through the system (basically so oil is only applied when bike is on the move). The reservoir has an adjuster on it so you can increase/decrease the amount of oil that is applied to the chain. I have explained it poorly but I assure you it is easy to maintain/fit and the benefits are endless.

Check it out: http://www.scottoiler.com/

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
My 1974 Z1 900 came stock with one.:)

Great thought.
Nice concept.
Kawai's got it going on.:hail

First thing to go when I got the bike.:dowhat
REAL pain with 90w EVERYWHERE no matter
how low it was adjusted.

I still got it, it's brand new in a box.:laugh

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got one off ebay cheap, unused and still boxed up with receit included.

Seems a really good bit of kit, ill junt need to fit it now, manual says it increases chain/sproket life of 7times.

Cant seem to fault it, when i get round to fitting it ill post pics..

Another good quality product manufactured and desiged from Scotland :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello there

New here and I have also just bought a Scottoiler for my 07 ZX-6R and was thinking about installing it myself.

Has anyone else done it or could tell me where the best place to fit the reservoir is and also which tube I need to cut to attach the system to the fuel injection system balance pipes. Some photos would be really handy.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts