Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a scopion helmet....what do you think of them?
What your choice of helmet?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have an exo 400. It is a wonderful helmet. Vents nicely without whistling or a lot of wind noise, so its great when its hot out. But also, it is pretty warm with the vents closed when its cold out. The everclear shields are FABULOUS. They WILL NOT fog no matter the temperature or how heavily you breathe on them.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an exo 400. It is a wonderful helmet. Vents nicely without whistling or a lot of wind noise, so its great when its hot out. But also, it is pretty warm with the vents closed when its cold out. The everclear shields are FABULOUS. They WILL NOT fog no matter the temperature or how heavily you breathe on them.
I just ordered the exo-1000...i cant wait to get it....seems like a pretty nice helmet. so trying to see whats the preference in helmets out there...thanks for the input

·
Registered
36 Posts
Should be good

Scorpion makes great helmets, I wish I bought one instead of my z1r.. They are quality, have great features, and the antifog is nice. My brother and my neighbor both picked up scorpion helmets. My brother has an exo-900 (i think? its modular), and my neighbor has the 1000.

I have a scorpian riding jacket, and it works great.

·
Registered
331 Posts
both of my helmets are scorpion. I love them. Quick release face sheilds, lots of adjustable vent slots... very good value. keep in mind, anti-fog scratch VERY easily, but it does work. They say anti fog/anti scratch, but there is no such thing as both. Be VERY careful how you clean them. never use anything wood based, like a paper towel or napkin. Always use something nice, like a cd cleaning cloth, or lense cleaning cloth.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
shoie and ogk,use the shoie most of time,love em,got a foggy on it no steem up in any weather,well may be on scidooo in artic:laugh

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been wearing a scorpion 1000 for over a year and its the best helmet I have had. The inflatable cheak pads are great so the helmet fits right. The helmet seals up very well for my winter riding and the flip down dark visor is helpful so you don't have to wear sun glasses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Scorpion exo700 and I love it, I also have a joe rocket carbon fiber helmet that came with my bike. I prefer the scorpion, my gf wears the jor rocket lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, thanks guys...its on its way it should be here tuesday...i cant wait...its my 3rd helmet i keep trying to upgrade...i started with a HJC i bought to match my bike black with black tinted shield, i also have a hawk with spider graphics just as a spare, and now the scorpion..thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Great helmet dude! Light as a feather. Good jackets and gloves too. Saved my skin and skull. I'd like the 1000, crashed in my 700 so I will vouch for them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not a huge fan of the 1000 but I own a 700 as a back up and it is a nice helmet. Especially for the price.

I think the 1000 is quite heavy, I rode around with a friend's for a while deciding if I wanted it or the 700. Obviously I went with the 700.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just received my helmet...tried it on..i love this thing.....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i saw that it was only the blue and they were sold out...all the rest were139 thats what i paid for this one..still a great deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
they are good bang for the buck. Whatever fits your had the best

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like it so much I bought a second one. I is a steal at 99 bucks [apollo ], i paid full price for my first one [sublim ]. Good fit and I love that flip down shade deal [I ride a lot after work and I don't have to carry another visor for the last of the sunlight].

1 - 16 of 16 Posts