Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some fresh rubber mounted and I already feel bad because I know what's going to happen on Saturday (MSR Houston trackday with Fastline) these tires will not be pretty for long. But damn they look good and the sticker saying "official MOTOGP class tire" makes it even prettier :laugh

I am going to keep a very detailed account (going to try to at least) of the PSI cold/off the warmers/off the track and give feedback in this thread.

I'm running the R10s with medium compound up front and a hard EVO type 2 rear. The baseline PSI will be 24 rear 30 front and coming off the track I will drop both 5 psi and go from there.

Enough talk, here's pics:

Anxiously awaiting Saturday morning! I'll be camping out at the track Friday night so I can avoid traveling the morning of. Supposed to be one of the hottest weekends so far this year. I have a feeling the track will be riding fast very early on.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'll be running the R10's for the first time at the races at TWS later this month. A friend is giving me a take off rear for Friday practice so I can get used to it. I've heard people get chatter out of the front, so I might put the front on towards the end of the day to see how it performs so I'm not running blind for the races on Sunday.

-Cody

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be running the R10's for the first time at the races at TWS later this month. A friend is giving me a take off rear for Friday practice so I can get used to it. I've heard people get chatter out of the front, so I might put the front on towards the end of the day to see how it performs so I'm not running blind for the races on Sunday.

-Cody
I have a front take off you can have to get a little bit more experience.. I swapped the full set because my rear was done.

·
Registered
167 Posts
B stones?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

When you decide to run some real tires I'll give you a set of my pirelli race take offs for 100$ :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have a front take off you can have to get a little bit more experience.. I swapped the full set because my rear was done.
How many heat cycles are on it?

Cody, the last thing the 09 chassis needs is more front end chatter. Good luck with those stones. Lol
Oh, it's on:2fingerlol:

I can almost guarantee TWS will have 2 waves though :(
-Cody

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How many heat cycles are on it?

Oh, it's on:2fingerlol:

I can almost guarantee TWS will have 2 waves though :(
-Cody
Probably have about 5-6 heat cycles, if your running super fast times you might not be able to get a full day out of them, but they have life left in them. Shoot me a pm with your cell and I'll send some pics

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, schooley, I am the guy with the black/white 09+ that was pitted with you and cody at TWS
Oh haha what's up man? I was wondering what stranger was talking shit.. I figured we had met but couldn't put a face with the screen name.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Probably have about 5-6 heat cycles, if your running super fast times you might not be able to get a full day out of them, but they have life left in them. Shoot me a pm with your cell and I'll send some pics
Cody, at your pace I wouldn't run that tire.

Just my opinion though

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
B stones?

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

When you decide to run some real tires I'll give you a set of my pirelli race take offs for 100$ :)
What model are these Pirelli's? I may be interested.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts