Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering it anyone here knows how to retrieve the trouble codes off the 05/06 636, and if anyone knew the list of the code meanings.

From what i saw at the dealer and from what we do with cars, it is usually a very simple thing to do and a big money saver if we can do it at home.

If anyone has any info or knows where I could get this if please let me know.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Do you mean dealer mode? It has user mode (enables FI light, shuts down DFI system incase of serious fault), Dealer 1 mode (FI light blinks current DFI code), and Dealer 2 mode (FI light blinks old stored DFI codes).

The 03-04 has a single wire (yellow with black spots) with a female "bullet type" receptacle that is used for DFI diagnostics and enter the above modes. The wire is located between the ECU and subframe on the right-hand side. User mode is default (ungrounded terminal), Dealer 1 you have to ground the terminal and keep it grounded. Dealer 2 is accessed by pulsing the terminal to ground 5 times within 2 seconds, then keeping it grounded. The 05/06 is exactly the same I do believe.

Everything you need is in the 05/06 Workshop Manual in the File Vault

Once you download the manual and open it the procedure and code meaning are under Fuel Systems (DFI) ---> Self-diagnosis Outline

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Wow, I like the Suzuki setup even more now.

Bridge a plug, read the dash :thumbup

c00 = no code, all is ok. - is in the middle, TPS is set ok too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts