Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

sat nav

690 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NitrusReigns 
#1 ·
hi, all just got a zx6r 1997 loving it as long as its not going to blow, when im pushing it up in the revs at like 11 on the rev counter ia that ok in every gear?

also the mirror stay is in the way of me fitting a zumo 550 is it ok and legal to grind off the middle bit?

thanks.

#4 ·
Going up to the redline in every gear, every time you rev the motor would be a bad thing.... sustained time at the redline (more than a few seconds) is also bad news in the long run. Hitting the rev limiter before the motor is all the way warmed up is a good way to get it to fail earlier than it might, as well.

As you are in the UK, I cannot tell you if grinding off part of the mirror stay is legal. If the mirror still works, and doesn't become loose because of it, I can't think of why it would be, though.

Welcome, by the way, and:

:worthless:worthless

#5 ·
hi, all just got a zx6r 1997 loving it as long as its not going to blow, when im pushing it up in the revs at like 11 on the rev counter ia that ok in every gear?

also the mirror stay is in the way of me fitting a zumo 550 is it ok and legal to grind off the middle bit?

thanks.
Search the forum for "bird cage delete". You can install another type stay that replaces the cage version.

#7 ·
these bikes are designed to be run hard. If you're taking it to redline every shift I have two things to say.

1. No... probably not gonna hurt the bike as long as you're doing the maintenance and it's running well.

2. You shouldn't be doing that every time you pull away from a stop light. The street isn't a race track. :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.