Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a zx-6r 07 a month ago... runs great love the bike, the thing is that it runs high temp. wise. even at 1 am on the freeway. and still my bike runs over 200F and the gas mileage sucks, im only getting 35 mpg.:rant i was wondering if anyone else has this problem with their zx6r 07....?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine runs at 170-180 on the highway and only gets up to 200 if I am sitting in traffic. I also get like 50 mpg right now (40-50 depending on how I drive). You should take it in to get it checked out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine runs at 170-180 on the highway and only gets up to 200 if I am sitting in traffic. I also get like 50 mpg right now (40-50 depending on how I drive). You should take it in to get it checked out.
how many miles do you have on your 07 zx6r and what do you think it can be... tha is making it run soo shity

·
Registered
751 Posts
My 636 runs about 170-190 depending on how hot it is outside.. I was also concerned about this when I first got my bike too. I asked the dealer, and they said that it is normal on a hot day to run 200, even a little over, even at speed on a highway. Once the bike gets hot, and the air outside is hot, It's hard for them to cool down, Its not a problem. I've seen my temp. guage get up to 232 before sitting in traffic. Your temperature guage will start blinking "check" or "hot" or something to that effect is it is running too hot. Also, check your coolant level, it should be right inbetween the filler levels.

·
Registered
956 Posts
it could also be caused by Fuel mixture, Plugs, Coolant level, Oil level, Humidity, Out side temperature, Radiator blockage, Thermostat. But if your bike runs like ass, then I would have the dealer check it out if it's under warranty.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
They will also run a bit warm and suck more fuel than normal during break-in. Once its run in things should improve a little, but mid-30's is pretty typical fuel mileage for a modern short-stroke, 100+hp 600.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've got an '05 636 and 200 really isn't too high.

What RPM's are you typically at? How hot is it outside? How much do you weigh?

I usually run about 7k RPM cruising on the highway I weigh about 125 and in 80 deg weather I see temps of about 180 - 190 and get ~40 MPG.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it seems like it's running like crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts