Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I don't ever plan on selling this bike, unless the frame is twisted like a candy cane and the engine has exploded.....literally

The new cluster I got has 41,XXX miles on it my old one has 35,367 on it. Does anyone know how to rollback or who can roll back a digital cluster to 0. I'd much rather have 0 and start counting from there then add the 35K miles than having to deal with more you know what I mean:O

So who can help me now ???

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
If you never plan on selling it, why bother?:O
Just keep in mind that the bike has roughly 5k miles less than it says it does.

Not being a smartass. Just don't see the point.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i did find one place that did it. ill try to find the website again.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I can do it to Honda clusters. Just recently set my buddies cluster to 5,480 miles so he could keep track of how many miles are on his turbo build.

Maybe if I had a spare to tinker with I could figure it out.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I no with cars we take them to the dealerships and they do some shit on computers and do it

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Just ride the bike for approx. 5K miles then attach the new cluster and you're at the correct milage.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Just ride the bike for approx. 5K miles then attach the new cluster and you're at the correct milage.
best solution right here. Just wait a couple weeks and ride the hell out of her

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So crazy it might work, just every time I park I would have to pull the windscreen off and unplug the odometer or the pull the battery cables so it will start when I come back :laugh

·
Registered
736 Posts
Put on the replacement cluster. Then put the bike on a rear stand. Then just put it in reverse and let the miles count down...... Oh wait...lol

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That would be a pain in the ass. If the clusters are cheap grab another off ebay put 5 on it then do ur switch only other thing I no to do

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Here you go, $55 and you can have what ever mileage you want. Personally I would want a million miles just to say my bike is a fucking beast but you can put what ever.

Here is the website.

Bluegauges.com - Mileage Correction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
So I was looking for a decent 600cc bike and came across this, Motorcycle | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Bayswater Area - Morley | 1256839029 .
The odo says 1057, this number is quite fishy. Please can you tell me how do I check for the real, I know it won't be that easy but still any suggestions over buying it.
If it is rolled back for sure, then I can ask him to reduce the price too.

Thanks,
Regards.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hello all,
So I was looking for a decent 600cc bike and came across this, Motorcycle | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Bayswater Area - Morley | 1256839029 .
The odo says 1057, this number is quite fishy. Please can you tell me how do I check for the real, I know it won't be that easy but still any suggestions over buying it.
If it is rolled back for sure, then I can ask him to reduce the price too.

Thanks,
Regards.
With a healtech diagnostic kit or similar you can read out info and fault codes on the ecu. For example hour active on the ecu, an average 35-60km/h is probable, so with a 1060km it should be reading ~20-40hours. Even 100 hours with key on should be at least 2000-6000km (20km/h- 60km/h without taking out just key on sitting still time)

·
Registered
2 Posts
With a healtech diagnostic kit or similar you can read out info and fault codes on the ecu. For example hour active on the ecu, an average 35-60km/h is probable, so with a 1060km it should be reading ~20-40hours. Even 100 hours with key on should be at least 2000-6000km (20km/h- 60km/h without taking out just key on sitting still time)
Hey,
Thanks a ton, that's a great info. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts