Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not just rivers but anyone who has done so or come close.

Would you be willing to create a thread, thst hopefully becomes a sticky, about maintenance and care to get to 100k. I obviously know about the service manual but any tips tricks and advice thst you may have encountered. Also if there are suggestions about riding style. As far as my street bike, I stay a decent was away from red line simply because the bike does plenty for me even at lower rpm. Anything you think is helpful. Storage, battery tender. Additives in gas like fuel med? Types of spark plugs. U on get the point. I'd just love to hear any advice from those folks that have had really high mileage bikes and how they got there.

Reactions: THUG and Ey3l45h

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir. Very very helpful. I knew you were meticulous but wow!... I don't have the skill to do most of that and I'm not entirely sure I trust or can afford for someone else to do it but I sure will take alot if these tips. I highly doubt I'll ever get to 256k because you need some skill and know how but I will definitely be incorporating some of these things. As many as I can.

One question, did I read that correctly. Yearly fork oil changes and yearly valve adjustment? Obviously you ride more than me but I'll probably do 7500 to 10k per year.

The heat part is interesting too. Your bike is staying substantially cooler than most people. How valuable do you think this is? Is this something you would recommend to a customer even if they couldn't maintain the other aspects nearly as meticulously as you?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh also. If you don't mind. Hoe important do you feel the ethanol free is? I could make some detours to get to it. Just wondering if you think it's worth it as far as life expectancy of the bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.