Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 ZX6R ABS model. Where should I start with trying to fix this? I'm probably going to look at the fuse first but any direction on which one and how to access it?

Mods: M4 exhaust Frame sliders Shorty clutch lever Passenger seat delete Led headlights Led tail light Tail tidy kit

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Obvious answer....

both of them are plugged in?

Fuse panel is under the left handlebar- you have to remove that small black panel that is next to the left headlight to have access

if the fuse is good, then I would look at the left handlebar cluster and its wiring/wiring connection since both the horn and signals all start there....

·
Registered
115 Posts
2013 ZX6R ABS model. Where should I start with trying to fix this? I'm probably going to look at the fuse first but any direction on which one and how to access it?

Mods: M4 exhaust Frame sliders Shorty clutch lever Passenger seat delete Led headlights Led tail light Tail tidy kit
Congrats on the purchase man...hopefully you got a good deal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the purchase man...hopefully you got a good deal
Thanks man. I feel like I did well on the sale. $6500 for a white 13' 636 w/ ABS and 14.9k miles. I am really loving the white and black color combo of the bike so I don't think I will need to change it like the green one in that other post. I am also new to motorcycles so I convinced the owner to drive 2.5 hours and drop it off at my house with no extra costs on my part. I probably would've had to get a uhaul or something since I don't feel comfortable on the highways... So far LOVING the bike but still taking it slow in the burbs. I'm waiting for the gas light to come on and then that'll be the point where I take it to the streets and highways (and since I don't have insurance yet).

The only issue is that the horn and right turn signals don't work. I haven't needed to use it but I still want to have them just in case. I checked and replaced the fuse but they still don't work so I'm going to just take it to a shop and let them fix it. I've wrenched plenty on my mustang and electrical stuff is something I don't mess with.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sometimes one of the horn leads gets unplgged at the horn prolly located directly above and attached to the top of radiator. Your best bet is to unse a multimeter for the horn and the turn signal.

it will save you ALOT of time and tell you alot.

put the find the horn. put the meter on the 2 leads...turn of ignition start bike...press horn..if you see voltage probably 12V DC... then you know its the actual horn. You can do the same for thge turn signal.

you do this because it also could be dirty contacts at the handlebar buttons lots of things. Did you check the turn signal bulb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts