Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've got my eye on a left over zx6 abs but I want white not black. How much are a set of OEM fairings going to cost me? Are there any companies that make OEM quality fairings for these bikes? I would prefer not to have it painted if possible.
I know that I can buy a 14 in white but I am getting the bike for 2/3 of msrp.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Fred

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that OEM plastics are pricey. I am hoping to find a middle ground where I have OEM quality without paying out thousands.

Has anybody used motorcyclefairingsusa?

I am saving just over $4k off of msrp so I have some money to play with.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I wouldn't bother changing all the fairings ... If the price that you're getting is a good one .. might as well go for the black one ... If you vinyl wrap the tank white you may not be able to color match the matte white perfectly . And then your brand new bike looks cheesy :( .

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Buy a set of unpainted fairings off ebay with a good rating for fitment, mock them up to test fit, and spray them HOWEVER you want them to look. Spray paint will do the trick if you got with a Satin or Matte finish, and then go for a good automotive clear coat (gun and compressor) and spray whichever finish you want over them. The only thing that matters finish wise is the clear. If you want a good gloss, go with SUPER GLOSS clearcoat. Save money and do up your bike the way you want, and save the OEM for resale/if you go down on the road/track :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Plastidip? That stuff is cheap enough to be viable in the States

It's £16 ($24) a tin over here.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I personally dont think its a big issue since both white and black zx6r are sexy but you can always give those ebay Chinese fairing a try, they run around $400-600 . . . or just buy OEM for like $1.5k-2k.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
My Chinese fairings will be here in about a week or two. I planned on posting a thread once I get them mounted up in the build section (been slowly nursing this 06 back to health) to show off the final product. I will tell you that my buddy's 07 r6 has Chinese fairings and everything lined up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts