Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey zx6r fam...Please check out my vids and channel about our "race team" (read: friends) and our race series here at home in Jamaica. If you like em please click the button and subscribe to the channel! Think of it as a way of sponsoring your fellow ninja :smile If you have any ideas or things you'd like to see let me know and we can add it as something to shoot! Cheers

EPISODE 1:

EPISODE 2:

EPISODE 3:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Highlights from the last meet May 12-13 at the Jamwest Speedway in Negril. Click subscribe ninjas!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. Those roads look hard to race on.
lol...they can be pretty bad :laugh

Dover (the one with a lot of walls) Was privately built by a guy in the 70s and was for cars...hasnt ever been resurfaced to my knowledge and it needs it badly. But hey its a relatively small country and motorsports is struggling worldwide at every level. So we do what we can...I'm just glad we have not one but two tracks to ride...even if they aren't perfect.

Jamwest (that looks more modern) was built more recently and is FiA approved but again the surface needs a bit of work. It started off as a runway, then drag strip, then circuit. :BigGrin

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve been to Jamaica many times for standard American tourist purposes (scuba/over eating-drinking/SUNBURN). Never would have guessed the island had a track or 2! Looks fun, but must hot as hell and based on how you guys drive cars on the public roads I be terrified to ride on your closed courses. Keep the videos coming and I’ll watch safely from here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
lol...they can be pretty bad :laugh

Dover (the one with a lot of walls) Was privately built by a guy in the 70s and was for cars...hasnt ever been resurfaced to my knowledge and it needs it badly. But hey its a relatively small country and motorsports is struggling worldwide at every level. So we do what we can...I'm just glad we have not one but two tracks to ride...even if they aren't perfect.

Jamwest (that looks more modern) was built more recently and is FiA approved but again the surface needs a bit of work. It started off as a runway, then drag strip, then circuit. :BigGrin
Good to see decent racing scenes come up all over the world. As far as I'm aware there are no Central/South America/Carribean specific models, so are yours similar to the US models? Honda used to do some Brazil specific models before, but not anymore.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve been to Jamaica many times for standard American tourist purposes (scuba/over eating-drinking/SUNBURN). Never would have guessed the island had a track or 2! Looks fun, but must hot as hell and based on how you guys drive cars on the public roads I be terrified to ride on your closed courses. Keep the videos coming and I’ll watch safely from here.
LOL! Drivers are indeed terrible...On track is MUCH safer. Jamaica is not as uncomfortably hot as your southern states...it's just hot all year round. But Arizona, Texas, even Florida i find are waaaaaay more unberable in the summer.

Good to see decent racing scenes come up all over the world. As far as I'm aware there are no Central/South America/Carribean specific models, so are yours similar to the US models? Honda used to do some Brazil specific models before, but not anymore.
As far as manufacturers most if not all bikes will be imported as US/Canada Spec as our closest neighbors. For road purposes there is a (bizarre) cc limit based on archaic laws so technically no 700+ cc bikes are allowed to be imported without a special license. Of course plenty ppl still find a way around this and so Panigales and S1krs are becoming popular but mostly for show. Racing wise the story is the same as most of the world...R6 and Honda with eh odd ZX6R :bigthumb:

Will post a new vid soon!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tactically following..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
affiliated with Kyle Reynolds / Irie Racing???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts