Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guy, been a couple years since I've been on here since I sold my 15 ZX6R. Gonna be picking up a new (2019) non-abs 0-mile black ZX6R for $8999. Can't wait to get back in the game.

Top priorities will be:
-M4GP slip-on
-fender eliminator and/or integrated tail light
-impaktech race rails or crash cage
-levers
-tank pads

Any recommendations on fender Elim and tail light?

Can somebody refresh my memory on what's needed in regards to the servo when installing the m4gp? I'm almost positive I did not need a servo-buddy on my 2015

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! I just bought a new zx6r myself. I went with a yoshimura fender eliminator kit. Back when I only owned gsxr's I always bought Yoshi parts and know they are quality. I plan on getting the TST smoked integrated tail light in the near future.

I am not sure about the m4gp exhaust when it comes to the servo motor. I am buying the yoshimura alpha T 3/4 exhaust next week and it comes with a piece to install to fool the ecu into believing the valve and cables are still there. I will be buying the servo-buddy with it though. Get rid of the servo motor all together. Save a little weight, and free up some space under the tail. Win, win.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Im not sure if the 2019 bikes tripped computer if the servo cables were disconnected. Im sure someone on here knows though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So to clarify, if I get a bazzaz strictly for fuel correction/throttle improvement, all I need is the $350 basic ZFI?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
As far as the servo, all you need to do is remove the actuator cables and leave the servo plugged in to the wiring harness (it shouldn't throw any codes in this configuration). However, I have heard that the 2019+ models have more issues when installing a slipon than previous models did (due to what they had to do to satisfy more strict emissions regulations on the newer models).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the servo, all you need to do is remove the actuator cables and leave the servo plugged in to the wiring harness (it shouldn't throw any codes in this configuration). However, I have heard that the 2019+ models have more issues when installing a slipon than previous models did (due to what they had to do to satisfy more strict emissions regulations on the newer models).
Cool, got the m4 on now for a couple days, servo cables out but servo plugged in. No codes, all seems well. I do want to do something to improve on/off throttle smoothness, and am looking into the bazzaz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts