Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone has a few tips (videos or pics) on how to replace a rear tail light on a 2013 zx6.

It sounds like you have to pull some fairings but I can't find much info.

Thanks.

-j

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually was just able to get to the tail light by removing the rear seat and unbolting the 4 bolts that hold the top portion of the tail section together. You should be able to get to everything you need to from there.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it that way then just start from the front and start removing all the top fairings, it's really not very difficult to do if you take your time.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
For the 2013, you have to pop the side tank covers off (or at least pull them back) so you can access hex bolts on the seats. Take the hex bolts off of the seat (under the seat) so you can remove the seat. From there you should be able to start removing the different rear fairing pieces. Most of the fairings come off with an allen key, but there are a few of those plastic push screws you may have to remove as well.

From there it should be pretty easy to figure out what bolts to remove to get the rear taillight replaced.

I did mine with the fender eliminator so I completely took off the rear fender and did not replace it.

I then cut the connectors off of the stock tail light and spliced them into my replacement integrated taillight (if thats what your doing).

It's really not that hard. Just start from the side panels, then the seat, then the rear and everything else should be common sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts