Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I ride a 2007 zzr 600 (02 ZX6R) and i dumped it this winter being a jackass.
long story short, i broke my bar holder (part that clips the bar to the suspension tube) and I'm not sure how to go about dropping my suspension down to replace the bar holder. any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm sure you just have to remove the steering stem nut (the big nut in between the handle bars , about 36mm)...then loosen the bolts on the end of the top clamp and remove the top clamp to get to the clip ons.

·
Registered
17,933 Posts
I'm sure you just have to remove the steering stem nut (the big nut in between the handle bars , about 36mm)...then loosen the bolts on the end of the top clamp and remove the top clamp to get to the clip ons.
+1 :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
you probably already got this figured out but when i replaced my fork seals on my zzr i had pop the forks off the bike to do so and i took a come along winch and hooked it to a chain i had wrapped around 2 trees suspended about 10ft in the air then i wraped a tie strap around my tripple tree clamp on the top then hooked the other end of come along to it and jacked the bike up in the air while on the rear stand to keep it sorta stable. U only need the front up about a foot since you arent pulling the forks all the way out just enough to take the clip ons off. Oh and there are the top allen bolts and bottom 10mil bolts holding the forks tight the bottom ones are the pain in the a** and they also have screws on the bottom of the clip ons holding them to the tripple tree clamp

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'd guess the OP has this sorted since he hasn't posted a second time on the forum. Unlikely he is still looking for help with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts