Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've come across a 2005 ZX636 with just over 2000km on the clock with some cosmetic damage to the front end from a 25km/h accident. From looking at the pictures (and further confirmed by the owner) it needs an upper, right hand side middle and lower, headlights, mirrors and front fender. After some squinting I think it would also need upper stay bracket, ram air snorkel, left hand side peg, gauge face and side dash panels. I'm not the best at bike anatomy (Except 04 6R's!) so can anyone tell me if it needs anything else? I looked around eBay and I can get all the needed-for-riding stuff (Fairings/headlights/upper stay) for pretty cheap or just over a grand for OEM painted parts from Mrcycles.com (Not including shipping). Problem with eBay (or Kawiforums for that matter) is that I'd be paying separate shipping costs if I got the parts from lets say, 5 different people. He says the frame and shocks are perfectly fine and the damage is only cosmetic. I noticed the stator cover is scratched and he told me the rear cowl also has a bit of rash but it isn't a biggie.

He's asking $5000 AUD for the bike which is about $3900 USD. Keeping in mind that brand new 05/06's are about $14000 (11600 USD) in Australia and second hand ones still going for $12000 easy. Our prices are very inflated and parts not so readily available.

This isn't a definite (Gotta convince teh Satan mother first) but is it worth buying? If I do buy it should I just get some race fairings and track it or re-build it and resell? It's still registered (In a different state though) and has 30 months warranty remaining.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
u can just paint the stator cover so thats not a biggie, if you know some one that can paint it for you u can get the parts cheaper if there are not painted or used from another color bike. i think that would be cheaper than buying the plastics that are already painted. Well thats all i know

·
Registered
553 Posts
Seeing how you already have a good bike I wouldnt even bother unless you really think that you can flip it and make some cash, or if you just want a track only bike. If you want a track only bike then that would definately be a good bike to do it to. Race plastics arent very expensive compared to OEM stuff.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
frame bent where i dont see it, i will look again i didnt see any frame sliders on the bike though

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O rly? I don't see the bent frame. Can you point it out?

Well guess this one's a no no then!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Why is the guy selling it? and is the current owner the person who actually crashed it?

Reason I ask is that if this person didnt crash it, he may have bought it as a wreck and found a problem with it afterwards...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Why is the guy selling it? and is the current owner the person who actually crashed it?

Reason I ask is that if this person didnt crash it, he may have bought it as a wreck and found a problem with it afterwards...
that is a good point red dave

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
O rly? I don't see the bent frame. Can you point it out?

Well guess this one's a no no then!
I really don't think its possible to be sure if its bent or not from a pic, you'd have to get it to a frame shop if you were worried about it - GMD/Computrack is the place to go to in the US, dunno about AU. In general I wouldn't be too worried though after a close inspection. Large diamater aluminum tubes don't bend much at all before they crack and break meaning that if the frame isn't broken in an obvious way its most likely straight.

good luck

·
Registered
389 Posts
yea def. check out the frame and those forks:) Might turn out to be a bigger invesment then you wanted.:(

·
Registered
964 Posts
Frame looks fine from what I see in the pics.. and so do the forks.. if there were bent, there would most likely be fluid leaking out from the seals..I'd snag it up if it were here, for that price .. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
sorry quarkz, but in the 2nd picture on the right side frame i can see a clear dent. in 6th pic i can see that the fork neck is definitly pushed in some.:no :thumbdown

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it wasn't so far away I'd go view it but alas, I am in QLD and he's in VIC. Guess I just won't take the chance.

I'm not sure if he crashed it himself or if he bought it. He thought of doing the same thing as me (He gave me a Word document with all the part numbers and prices to get it fixed) but said he didn't have the time. It was only purchased May 2006.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
sorry quarkz, but in the 2nd picture on the right side frame i can see a clear dent. in 6th pic i can see that the fork neck is definitly pushed in some.:no :thumbdown
i am looking at the second on the right side, all i see is the wire harness

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If it wasn't so far away I'd go view it but alas, I am in QLD and he's in VIC. Guess I just won't take the chance.
Where in Vic?

I don't want it, but if it's not too far I might be able to have a look? (Chances are it'll be too far - everything is too far from me :rant)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts