Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done a full racebody yet on a 2020. Mine is coming today and can't find anything on removing the front fairing. The rest looks easy, front looks a bit more. I did order the manual but it won't be here for a while. Any tips or hidden things lurking about in there.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
The front clip almost certainly comes off as a unified whole.... lowers off, mirrors off, then inner cheek panels, probably a couple of bolts near the headlamp assembly, and a couple of attachments on the trailing edge of the side panels.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figure I'll tackle the seat area first..then move on. My usual tactic is to remove all fasteners that I can see..then start slowly pulling on things looking for attachment points. Since there is nothing on this I'll take full photos and write up a report. Should be interesting. Surprised no one has done this yet. My first bike build in 25 years. Usually youtube has this stuff instantly. There is one, guy took with a phone..shows a lot of sliding into tabs , but that may be to dissemble the fairing not remove it as a whole.Going to start poking around later but have a track day Sunday so not going to try it yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lower effeminately does not fit with stock exhaust..which is out of here tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts