Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cleaned my 2008 ZX6R, and after I cleaned the red wheels, they started getting the white haze all over. I used Mothers wheel/tire cleaner, but now I'm thinking that wasn't the best thing to do. No matter what I try, it seems like it comes back and won't go away. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do to get rid of this and how to clean them for now on?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Have you tried cleaning alcohol that stuff usually works on everything and doesn't mess up the finish .

I just use the soap I wash my bike with which is a matte safe soap .. but I have used regular car shampoo on my 2006 636 red wheels and everything was fine.

My guess is there's something in the soap you used that caused a haze.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was a normal car wash that I used. But for the wheels I used mothers wheel and tire cleaner. It looked at the time but once it dried, they were horrible. I'm just hoping there can be something that I can do.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
yeah grab some cleaning alcohol, that should do the trick in removing the haze. You may also have to buff it out. possibly

Remember your rims are painted .. now like car wheels, if were you use that on regular alloy wheels it probably won't leave a haze .. but because of the paint finish, it was sensitive to whatever chemical was in the wheel and tire cleaner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This may be a dumb question, but is cleaning alcohol and same as normal Isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I do believe so, but I could be wrong LoL I never actually paid attention to that lol . I'm looking for my bottle for you so you can see, but I think its out in the garage.

But yes isopropyl alcohol is right . !

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Isnt isopropyl alcohol the same as rubbing alcohol? I wouldnt use that shit anywhere with paint on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts