Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my rims powdercoated red soon. How do you think this looks? Any ideas/suggestions you guys have to make it look better?

Also, I'm worried about the colors matching. Anybody with a red zx6 get any parts powdercoated, what did you use? I saw Passion Red on Prismatic Powders but I don't know how close that would be.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Agreed, looks pretty good. I think color matching the hugger in red would look good too...

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
The powder coater should have sample of all of their colors you can look at.

I think it would look great with red wheels.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That would look awesome with red wheels. To be honest, I haven't seen a red on red bike in person, go for it as long as the color matches up.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Itll look good. Its all up to you. I just got an R6 thats all matte black with red powder coated rims. Turns heads all day.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Powder Coating Colors

You can request up to 5 samples I think for the cost of postage, they will send you little metal strips coated. Pick the 5 colors that most closely match and then put them on the bike and see which is the perfect fit.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Powder Coating Colors

You can request up to 5 samples I think for the cost of postage, they will send you little metal strips coated. Pick the 5 colors that most closely match and then put them on the bike and see which is the perfect fit.
Thanks man, I can't believe I didn't see where it said "Order Free Swatch":O. Turns out you don't even need to cover postage, it's completely free.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Rofl, How much is it costing you to get the rims done?

Painfully, didnt you say you powder coat rims?
Yeah, I do with my spare time. Right now I am trying to defrost the air lines in my garage so that I can coat the set that I have...had a space heater in there for about a week now and its barely above freezing.

As soon as this cold snap fades I will be back in full operation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts