Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of doing brakes the hard way :yes

I'm going to reflush the brake fluid in my bike, and I'm going to be changing over to stainless lines in my GTO and the Fusion. I am going to be doing this all myself and was hoping for a recommendation that isn't too expensive. I was looking at the vacuum / pump systems and those look easy enough.

What do you use?

·
Super Moderator
12,479 Posts
The pump/vaccume ones work quite well and are quick. Just make sure to bleed all three bleed valves. Makes life much easier.
Ey3

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A 100ml syringe and some rubber tube

I paid about £1.40 with postage for mine.

Makes bleeding brakes a 10 minute job (that's for the front two, and the back!)

Alternatively, a bloke at work uses a spare reservoir lid that he drilled a hole in and fitted a tyre valve to. He just pumps it up with a bicycle pump and opens the bleed nipple. Seems more work than my syringe though..... but either costs less than these bleeding tools you apparently need these days!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you really want easy then a Mityvac 6830. Requires a air compressor but I'm talking about zero stress & easy peasy here. Just crack the bleeder & flick the mityvac on. It's that simple. Fast, clean, zero worries about air & did I mention easy?

·
Registered
827 Posts
i bought a pitsburg one from harbour freight, didn't work well for my bikes even with the smallest adapter, however it worked for my fourwheeler, buyer beware on the harbour freight vacuum pump bleeder

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Not a fan of the MotionPro bleeder tools. I find it doesnt work great and every time you turn the wrench you compromise the seal.

I dont see how its any easier or better than a normal tube and wrench to bleed?

The OP is talking about an entirely dry system and really the only way to speed up that process is via vacuum which can be easily achieved with a MityVac.

buyer beware on the harbour freight vacuum pump bleeder
Agreed, complete piece of shit. Spend a little more on Mityvac, something that actually works.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I got a cheap one-way bleed valve from motorcycle superstore.
Works great.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
The one way valve ensures that no air is drawn back into the caliper as you bleed, but it doesnt aid in bleeding an entirely dry system. Still requires the addition of vacuum.
thats true. Why do you want the system dry?
Priming the master will be a PIA. Why not just flush it out with new fluid?

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
thats true. Why do you want the system dry?
Priming the master will be a PIA. Why not just flush it out with new fluid?
because...

I'm going to reflush the brake fluid in my bike, and I'm going to be changing over to stainless lines in my GTO and the Fusion.
With a MityVac, a completely dry system is no issue. Fill up the reservoir, open the bleeder on the caliper, initiate vacuum until fluid gets pulled all the way through. Repeat on the other caliper. Then bleed the entire system as you normally would.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
because...

With a MityVac, a completely dry system is no issue. Fill up the reservoir, open the bleeder on the caliper, initiate vacuum until fluid gets pulled all the way through. Repeat on the other caliper. Then bleed the entire system as you normally would.
hmm I see.

Well clearly I have never used one.:sigh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts