Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got bike back from 6k service, to find recall notice in letterbox, dont they give dealers advanced warning ? now i have to take her back despite no issues such as stalling. how many out there have gotten the same notice?

·
Registered
958 Posts
just got bike back from 6k service, to find recall notice in letterbox, dont they give dealers advanced warning ? now i have to take her back despite no issues such as stalling. how many out there have gotten the same notice?
As far as I can tell you are the only person to receive this recall notice.

The dealership usually only performs the work you ask them to perform. If you wanted them to check and complete any and all recalls listed for her you should have told them that. Dealerships do not make that much money off of recalls and warranty work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got that letter too for my 2011 like 2 days after I brought the bike home. So I called the dealership, and they confirmed that the recall was done prior to me taking the bike home.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The dealership usually only performs the work you ask them to perform.
The dealer should have performed a VIN check for any outstanding recalls on the vehicle, car dealers do this and there's no reason a motorcycle dealer would be any different, it only takes a couple of seconds. RealityBoy, whenever you get their service survey I'd ding them on this. There's simply no reason for them to not have known, this recall has been out for nearly a month.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well he's in Austrailia....I can't imagine hes just now getting the recall letter for the regulator. It seeming like he got a NEW recall notice for something else now. Owell.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The dealer should have performed a VIN check for any outstanding recalls on the vehicle, car dealers do this and there's no reason a motorcycle dealer would be any different, it only takes a couple of seconds. RealityBoy, whenever you get their service survey I'd ding them on this. There's simply no reason for them to not have known, this recall has been out for nearly a month.
This recall is not a money maker therefore the dealership will not go out of there way to do the work IF you don't ask for it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This recall is not a money maker therefore the dealership will not go out of there way to do the work IF you don't ask for it.
I agree that it isn't a money maker, however a dealer's reputation is. Tarnish their rep and you could lose business or have their manufacturer's license to sell revoked. Either one looks bad for Kawasaki.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts