Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Also, zx6r.com isn’t very active either. Anybody know of a good forum where I might get more interaction when I have ??’s
Honestly this is probably your best place for information.

Also... take into account the time of year. Fewer people out riding means fewer people posting for now. Always picks up when it gets warmer... that doesn't mean everyone has answers for ya though ;)

I'm usually on around 4am to 7am pacific time if that helps :bigthumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Having trouble removing one of these pins on the connector. Anybody have insight on how to do it? I’ve looked online but the videos I saw didn’t help me take it out. Also if anybody knows where to find the whole connector please let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
The hole it fills doesn't change, the physical size of the cap where it meets the tank has to be the same.....

At least that way you know the gasket isn't perished.

If you feel especially daring, you could use your old one for a pattern and make your own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haven’t done much else due to work. Did the POR15 treatment on the tank and it should be fully cured tomorrow night(4 days total). I need to replace this seal on the fuel tank cap...anybody know where to find it? I went to the Kawa dealer and no luck
Partzilla?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The hole it fills doesn't change, the physical size of the cap where it meets the tank has to be the same.....

At least that way you know the gasket isn't perished.

If you feel especially daring, you could use your old one for a pattern and make your own.
The gasket is shaped like a cowboy hat. It goes underneath the locking mechanism and thru a metal collar to where I am pointing at with my screw driver

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It may be pt# 92093-1030? Don't quote me on this. The schematic is quite sparse with its pictographs in this particular image. Partzilla quotes $6.38/$4.19. The lesser price is if you sign up with them - massively worth it. They never spam me. The gas tank cap is $64/$84, thus even if you bought a new cap, signing up with them is well work it.

Here's the Partzilla.com addy:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2005/ninja-zx-6rr-zx600-n1/fuel-tank.

Maybe try eBay for a whole gas cap, and then pirate the gasket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I’m going to have to get another gas cap, unfortunately. Havent gotten much farther due to work....fixed the chewed wire and now I have to get into removing the throttle bodies to clean that up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Been finding more help on other non 636 related sites than here...reason i stopped posting. Thanks to those that did contribute. Thought this site would’ve been more active for a 636 rebuild

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It’s looking like I will need to get a locksmith to make me a key. In other news, a used oem fuel pump and throttle bodies arrived in the mail. Going to pick up a battery...going with the Everstart walmart for cheap and will need a chain. Any idea what is a good chain for the money? I think it’s 108 links, stock
I would recommend an EK MVXZ2 chain: https://amzn.to/2Hl2Jk9

If it isn't already, I would also recommend converting it to a 520 chain and sprockets.

I use Vortex sprockets (make sure you select the correct number of teeth from the front and rear sprockets): https://amzn.to/2ZgD0Q0

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
The fuel tank formula is fuel proof and it works wonders! I’ve successfully used it before and it works best after removing as much rust as you can.
Or remove ALL of the rust instead with Evapo-Rust: https://amzn.to/2lRDoqb

Removes all of the rust and doesn't damage the good metal. That stuff is amazing!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
61 - 77 of 77 Posts