Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
is the seat lock the same as the ignition?
It's supposed to be....... One key to rule them all......
i’ve been reading that the ignition key rules them all. I will just take the top triple key out and have a key made from the ignition. In the mean time, I’ll get the tank cleaned, clean out the rats nest and source a few more bits that the bike will need. It will be slow due to work but I think I’ll end up building a street fighter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Also noticed that there are four separate injectors in the airbox. Didn’t know this bike had so many injectors, should I have to clean those out?

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Is POR15 actually fuel proof or just fuel resistent?

P aint
O over
R ust

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Is POR15 actually fuel proof or just fuel resistent?

P aint
O over
R ust
The fuel tank formula is fuel proof and it works wonders! I’ve successfully used it before and it works best after removing as much rust as you can.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Any experts on the gas cap? After having two keys made, I was finally able to open the gas cap. I lubricated everything but the rubber seal on the cap is basically garbage. Can I replace that seal? All of the little springs giving the seal the tension it needs kept falling out so I bagged them and stored them until I find that seal. Advice is appreciated

# 92093-1030 Part number?

Should i order anything else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Also, removed the seat for the first time and there are two wires that are electrical taped together. Don’t know if that is for the turn signals or what...no power commander which is weird because bike has muzzy exhaust and k&n filter

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Any experts on the gas cap? After having two keys made, I was finally able to open the gas cap. I lubricated everything but the rubber seal on the cap is basically garbage. Can I replace that seal? All of the little springs giving the seal the tension it needs kept falling out so I bagged them and stored them until I find that seal. Advice is appreciated

I do not see the zx6r included in the application list..............but it may well be the same

kawi application list of what this fits in 05

2005 KL250-D22 - Fuel Tank
2005 KL650-A19 - Fuel Tank(3/4)
2005 ELIMINATOR 125 (BN125-A8) - Fuel Tank(2/3)
2005 NINJA 250R (EX250-F19) - Fuel Tank(4/4)
2005 NINJA 500 (EX500-D12) - Fuel Tank(5/6)
2005 NINJA ZX-12R (ZX1200-B4) - Fuel Tank (B3/B4)
2005 VULCAN 1500 DRIFTER (VN1500-R5) - Fuel Tank(4/4)(R2∼R5)
2005 VULCAN 1600 CLASSIC (VN1600-A3) - Fuel Tank
2005 VULCAN 750 (VN750-A21) - Fuel Tank(3/3)
2005 VULCAN 800 (VN800-A11) - Fuel Tank(2/3)
2005 VULCAN 800 DRIFTER (VN800-E5) - Fuel Tank(3/3)
2005 Z1000 (ZR1000-A3) - Fuel Tank
2005 ZZR1200 (ZX1200-C4) - Fuel Tank
2005 ZZR600 (ZX600-E13) - Fuel Tank(4/4

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It wasn’t included since that part is listed as a California only part apparently. Ordered one up and should have it in a few days. On a side note, there isn’t alot of info on these bikes online like there was when I rebuilt a CBRF4i. Also, zx6r.com isn’t very active either. Anybody know of a good forum where I might get more interaction when I have ??’s

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
It wasn’t included since that part is listed as a California only part apparently. Ordered one up and should have it in a few days. On a side note, there isn’t alot of info on these bikes online like there was when I rebuilt a CBRF4i. Also, zx6r.com isn’t very active either. Anybody know of a good forum where I might get more interaction when I have ??’s
lol....

active with a bunch of bullshit stupid answers................go to the facebook page or any other kawi forum

You want the right answer, well there are scant few people who know the right answers.......... whom are also willing to give that information out for free....

The world is not instant gratification at your whim- people have real jobs and real lives..........sorry to dissapoint you but us smart people with the answers are not on call 24/7 to any forum

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Also, removed the seat for the first time and there are two wires that are electrical taped together. Don’t know if that is for the turn signals or what...no power commander which is weird because bike has muzzy exhaust and k&n filter
What is the color code and did you follow the electrical schematic to see what they are??????????

·
Registered
7,204 Posts

Those springs should not fall out

the cap assembly;
well when you close the caap- it pushes up and locks in place- if you have it oopen you can cycle it by hand........

I have no doubt all that rust and corrosion in the tank has affected the cap mechanism as well and you likley are far better off to just replace the cap with a new one...........oe or aftermarket is up to you
oe you could swap your lock mechanism over to still be keyed to match the ignition

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I think the gasket has something to do with keeping them in place. They stayed in until I noticed I ripped the bottom part of the gasket out.

I cleaned out the airbox, K&N filter, secondary injectors, primary injectors, and have to figure a way of repairing the chewed wire. Trying to get this thing ready to fire once the fuel tank is ready

41 - 60 of 77 Posts