Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a black 08 zx6r special edition. i was looking to get all the fairings painted was wondering what kinda price i should be expecting ::O
thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no way man. Maybe if you have some crazy candy color or something.
But I'm no painter so I may be wrong. I seem to remember a few people getting their bikes painted in the 3-500 range.
thats more my range there haha im just looking to go all white on my zx6r. i could go cheap an stay black just get the right an front fairings painted but looking for a change

·
Registered
327 Posts
No professional painter in their right mind would accept 750 for a candy paint job, it just wont happen. Ricks Custom Cycle in Garden City MI charges 1200 for a single color paint job. Im about to do a HoK candy(Brandywine, such a beautiful color btw) on a bike and Im already at 600 for materials lmao. Just sayin. Had to get that out of the system...

·
Registered
292 Posts
No professional painter in their right mind would accept 750 for a candy paint job, it just wont happen. Ricks Custom Cycle in Garden City MI charges 1200 for a single color paint job. Im about to do a HoK candy(Brandywine, such a beautiful color btw) on a bike and Im already at 600 for materials lmao. Just sayin. Had to get that out of the system...
+1^

I got my tank patched.and painted the stock color for 200 so I could definitly c paying over 750 for the whole bike with a nice color

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
When I wanted just my left and right lowers painted I had my uncle quote me and he owned a body shop
it was going to be 200 and I had to get the paint which was half pint of pearl chrome yellow, the base, and the clear coat around 80 bucks
so 280 for just the lowers not the rest of the bike

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
On my local forum a dude charges 500 for single color paint jobs and only based on car OEM colors. This is assuming no need for major repair in prep and is the "hook up" price.

For a quality paint job, expect $700+

·
Registered
721 Posts
Damn im glad I know a bodyman/Painter who lets me pay cost for paint and labor is paid in beer.. and he only paints sober :)
Im thinking winter project is gonna be making my bike Flat Black.. Or a nice White like what Audi uses.. not sure yet which.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
brandywine... SICK color. its so beautiful... if thats not gay to describe it that way

·
Registered
384 Posts
might as well buy new set of fairing for 4 bills instead of ruining your oem paint job. and spending over 500

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn im glad I know a bodyman/Painter who lets me pay cost for paint and labor is paid in beer.. and he only paints sober :)
Im thinking winter project is gonna be making my bike Flat Black.. Or a nice White like what Audi uses.. not sure yet which.
its looking like a winter project for myself haha love flat black but go white!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On my local forum a dude charges 500 for single color paint jobs and only based on car OEM colors. This is assuming no need for major repair in prep and is the "hook up" price.

For a quality paint job, expect $700+
i have a good friend that paints an has a shop but i dont feel like he gives me the "hook up" even when i offer beer,dinner an to help

·
Registered
406 Posts
My bike is actually getting painted right now and it's costing $550 plus some powder coating of small things like handlebars gas cap silver Kawasaki decal and pegs and brake step for an additional $100

·
Registered
327 Posts
brandywine... SICK color. its so beautiful... if thats not gay to describe it that way
Not at all my man, It's a must see color in person. By far one of it not my favorite deep red

Contact information and email for Cycle Finish

for this place, in particular, sportbike paint jobs start at 600 but are usually in the 800-1000 range.
400-600 for race body paint single colors
That sounds legit 1Time, have you ever done business with these guys?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I work in a shop and a basic paint job will run around 750 to 900 bucks depending on what color and how many peices you have. Just painted my buddies 675 black with red and gold flake in it and it cost him about 1500. And by basic I mean it will look better then factory at least where I work

1 - 20 of 32 Posts