Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a quick search it seems the Gilles sets are very popular on this forum. They are also bloody expensive. Does anyone know of a more reasonably priced option? Cheers for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have a look at either Vortex or pro-tek. They make a decent rearset at a reasonable cost. Check out imotorcycle.com. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
man, but the gilles are so nice! i had vortex and they are absolutle crap, they are cheap though. attack are decent, pip (sp?), arata are also good ones...still sorta pricey though...you get what you pay for i guess.

-:banana

·
Registered
503 Posts
Why do people buy rear-sets?
The pegs on my B1H are NEVER going to touch down and i get her leant RIGHT over. My mate had Gilles on his B1H and i had a ride and HATED them. Made an uncomfortable bike into a torture rack! (did look cool though....oh, i see.....)

·
Registered
14 Posts
sato knockoffs

there are a couple stores on ebay that are doing sato knockoffs for about $200 USD. i am thinking about getting a set once i have the money. everything i have heard about them is good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What about woodcraft rear sets?

I have a 2003 ZX6R and rear sets seem scairs at best. and forget it if you want a pair of fully adjustable rear sets.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
dont know about other rearsets but with gilles you can buy everything seperate
like my ones have been on 3 bikes now .....just buy the right backinplate for the bike .........
but they are expensive to buy first out

·
Registered
82 Posts
I recently bought new Rearsets, a cheap pair off ebay. They look alright but came with out any instructions and all the parts were just randomly packed....took quite some time to figure out how it was all supposed to come together.
Other than the instructions I'm happy with them.

I only bought them cuz I laid my bike down. Nearly stopped!! I don't know what I was thinking. I couldn't hold her up and so I just gently brought her to the ground and when I picked her back up I realized her footpeg had broken off. Split right in half!!! I couldn't believe it!! Oh and the footbrake broke off as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I recently bought new Rearsets, a cheap pair off ebay. They look alright but came with out any instructions and all the parts were just randomly packed....took quite some time to figure out how it was all supposed to come together.
Other than the instructions I'm happy with them.

I only bought them cuz I laid my bike down. Nearly stopped!! I don't know what I was thinking. I couldn't hold her up and so I just gently brought her to the ground and when I picked her back up I realized her footpeg had broken off. Split right in half!!! I couldn't believe it!! Oh and the footbrake broke off as well.
That's what happened with my bike. But it was the previous owner that did it and took the rear sets to a welder and had them welded back together. They look crappy but have held up fine. But like I was saying I am 6'5" tall and want SOme adjustment

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
HOLY FUCKING THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN

1 - 20 of 33 Posts