Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry im beibng a pest, im asking questions and cant help much in other threads :-(

Im needing a rear wheel shortly as existing tyre is purley worn in the center with no tyre wear on the sides. Personaly looks like he did a burnt-out and worn tyre in center to low.

It has matching dunlops, just wondering about which make/type.

I heard the "pilot" is i good but expensive, i think this was dunlop cant remember.

·
Registered
503 Posts
pilot's are Michelin mate.
I'm sure everyone will say pretty much the same - stick to matched pairs of tyres! If your front Dunlop is ok, just buy a matching rear.
If front going off too, you have a huuuuge choice of quality tyres to choose from - Pirelli Diablo's, Michelin Pilot's or Bridgestone 014's seem to be the most popular though. Prices, delivered to your door are around £180 for a pair. Add around £20-£40 for fitting.(i fit my own tyres as my bike club has a quality tyre changing machine, Cool!)

And rears always wear faster than front and usually in the middle too, this is normal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok, so keep matching, front tyre is brand new condition, so i rear, apart from 2inches down the center, guess the seller just wanted to smell burning rubber.

Ah well thanks ill get the tyre number and hunt around internet. Take it any kwick-fit can do a motorbike tyre or has it to be a motorbike garage?

edited for pic link

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb77/dsa1000/?action=view&current=ninja3.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
don't hink kwik-fit do bike tyres, but no harm in asking.
National tyres MIGHT do it though. Then back to bike shops!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts