Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first bike a 2005 636 and the peg position and gears/Rear brakes are horrible. Do any of you have pictures of your rear sets of standard pegs so I can see positions they should be ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
As they are adjustable..... put them wherever they feel best, to you. The OEM pegs and brackets are not ideally located for anyone, and you have been given the option of correcting to what suits you best.

Lever placement, that should be intuitive and should not require any effort for your foot to find the control when you want to use it. Should be a natural motion to bring the ball of your foot off the peg, and put your toes (sole of your boot) on the brake, or shifter. There needs to be enough room on the shifter side, to get your boot under the lever so you can operate it for the opposite change.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have moved and played around with them but struggling to get levers up where I want them. You have any pictures of your layout ?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Not on this machine.... the adjustments are counter-intuitive, as most of the connecting rods are adjustable length. you have to loosen the lock nuts and then twist the shaft to change it's length. One end of the shaft will be right hand thread, the other end will be left hand thread..... when you twist the shaft in one direction, the rod will lengthen, which generally lowers the position of the toe piece relative to the foot peg.

If you would like help setting those controls up, almost any dealership would be willing to do so..... even better if you can make friends with one of their mechanics and they show you how it's done, for a six pack or some such.

If the foot controls are not ideally placed, odds are very good that the hand controls are also not ideal. The too can be adjusted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top man thank you. The bar is at the minimum so looking like I need a shorter bar. Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
You should be able to take the lever off the splines on one of the ends of the shaft, and shift it a tooth or two, so the adjustment range on the shaft is more centered. Either at the foot control end, or at the input end.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts