Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took wheel off and got new brake pads. for what ever reason the rotor is rubbing against brake holder (part#43044). got everything together correctly:dowhat or so i think.. any ideas?

screw rubs against it as shown on pic

right spacer

left spacer

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Same problem. I promise you that the spacers are flipped around. I spent hours trying to figure it out. Ughhhh that's gotta be the only reason I assume

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
take your wheel off and swap your spacers sides put the right one in the left side and se if that fixes your problem.

also make sure your hanger is all the way in

Reactions: Burnt toast

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
On the spacers, In your picture the right side spacer has a lip on it.
the left side does not.
Find a parts fetch & see if thats the correct orientation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
your spacer is correct, I just put mine on last night and it looks exactly the same. If anything, it looks like it might be a little crooked, I would try loosening it up and making sure that everything is seated correctly and that it isn't cooked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also, I don't see brake pads in there, did you put them in? dumb question I'm sure. The pads compress that part back so it doesn't rub on the rotor, I think that is the issue, maybe the pads were not installed correctly.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
How much torque you got on the axle nut? You might try backing it off 5 lbs or so.

Reactions: whiterabbit

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Take a picture of your rotor so we can see the pads. Are you sure you didn't get both pads on one side of the rotor? It happens.
:huh: WTF? really???

Reactions: Murcielago31

·
Registered
958 Posts
Here is the IPB for your rear tire.

As it was mentioned before, it seems like you have the spacers installed correctly.

Take it all apart again and verify no bearings or seals were left off during your installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
take your wheel off and swap your spacers sides put the right one in the left side and se if that fixes your problem.

also make sure your hanger is all the way in
took wheel off and found out my rotor was on the wrong side this is the right was as on pic. oopss:coocoo

and now is running smooth like babys boot :) click on video

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
hahahahahaha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts